scout o-ring spec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

from this page:

http://www.uwkinetics.com/ProductDisplay_prmenbr=91&prrfnbr=5279.htm

if you look at the bottom the part numbers for the sl4 light head (which most except recent scouts use)

22805 O-Ring, UK300, SL4. SL6 (123/70)

I ordered a 100 pack of 123 bunas (70 is the durometer rating)from somewhere and they've worked out quite well.

steve

There are a million places to get orings. mcmaster.com, allorings.com, air-oil.com, oringsusa.com - of all the items in diving, these are some of the ones that there is no excuse to pay too much for. My hundred pack was about 5 or 6 bux - which worked out well, because between me and my dive buddies, we have about 10 of these lights. Some of the places i've listed will sell individually or small quantities as well. Shop around for best delivery costs too and you wont be dissappointed.

steve

Thanks Steve: o-ring availability (as with much else) in the UK is a little more tricky (for UK readers, bsl.co.uk are good and have 'trade' counters)

But, I walked into my local general hardware store and nosed around the box of assorted o-rings they had in their plumbing section. Sure enough, they had two of the -123 size I was advised on below and the Scout was back in the water that night.....

I've taken up the task of trying to find everything i possibly can in diving that makes sense to get as non-diving items. Just got in some webbing today that i have to go pick up. If its good, i'll be reporting on that soon and where i got it. I'm sick of being screwed because someone puts a "scuba" label on something that you can put together or source yourself for 1/4 the price.

steve

Tell you what, dude - lets you and I start our own online store. We'll call it "cheap-scuba-accesories.com" and we can order all our stuff from regular stores up here in Canada, like Crappy Tire and the like, and still sell stuff like Spring fins and O-Rings and stuff for 1/2 price and make a fortune.

Well, I've actually started a page for such things that i havent updated in a year or so:

http://www.sitecode.com/scuba/Scuba_Deals_and_Equipment_Sources.html

I have about 10 more things to add since then and may just do it soon. Orings are one of the things, webbing is another, update on snaps and sources for puting together stage bottle riggings, pelican cases and lights and a few others i cant think of right now.

steve

Like a lot of people, I guess, I'm with you on this: rigged my stages via the local chandlery for next to nothing, purchased EMT shears from the electronics store (!) for 1/8 the cost of 'scuba shears' at the LDS.....

I guess it all depends how much effort you're willing to put into finding this stuff. I see it as a challenge.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom