Scouting Twin Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C-horse

Registered
Reaction score
I was in the neighbourhood of Twin Lakes so I drove around it a bit for a look see. I did notice some bouys, a red one and a blue one bobbing around. Maybe the finally have the sunken bus and boats marked. I'll have to dive Twin Lakes, mainly because it's so convenient.

If you don't mind, let Beast and I know when you plan to go and we'll join you. He didn't get to do any exploring his first time there and we're anxious to see what's down there!

Nope, those were there when DiverG, coldwater, and I went a few weeks ago. Not to shoot down your hopes, but those mark underwater platforms.

If you have a compass and an interest to do some exploring, it should be possible to find all of the attractions, as the owner does provide a map.

Not (really) diving related, but I just got back from Denver, interviewing with Ratheon Polar Services for a job in Antarctica :) Unfortunately for me, diving the Ice is extremely rare, and really only done by scientists on grants :(

But who knows, eh? :wink:

Jeff

Originally posted by C-horse
I was in the neighbourhood of Twin Lakes so I drove around it a bit for a look see. I did notice some bouys, a red one and a blue one bobbing around. Maybe the finally have the sunken bus and boats marked. I'll have to dive Twin Lakes, mainly because it's so convenient.

Fetch...

If you need info on Ice Diving, Alec Ranck (the instructor/shop owner you met at PK) can provide info on such things.

While it'd be cool (pun unintended), and in fact I'd like to learn more about ice diving, diving in Antarctica is done by scientists on grants, not lackeys (which is what I would be :wink: )

Thanks for the info tho

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom