Screen protection for watch style computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Madmanmike

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been diving with an Oceanic OCi for about 2 months and really like the computer. It came with one screen protector. Not the plastic, snap-over type, but a clear, rubbery, stick-on type of protector. It peels right off the screen easily, and can be repositioned (I have done this to move the scratches around when they start to obscure something important on the screen) often. I am not sure what the material is, but I am having a tough time finding a replacement.

Cannot find on the Oceanic site, nor Amazon, and not Ebay.

Can someone please point me to a similar product, possibly for a larger screen, that I can cut down to size? Mine is doing its job and getting rather chafed and scratched and needs replacing. Someone suggested that I find a similar type of covering for a smart phone, but I am not convinced it would stay put under water.

Your suggestions are appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Michael

Looks like it is in stock but may want to call to confirm.

Oceanic Lens Cover OC1

Says OC1 but looks like same part number as OCi?

Last edited:
Thanks. Gonna give that a shot.

Michael

Same stuff is used for screen protectors for phones. No adhesive. Just remove all specks of dust and don't leave any tiny air bubbles you can't smooth out with the edge of a credit card.

Same stuff is used for screen protectors for phones. No adhesive. Just remove all specks of dust and don't leave any tiny air bubbles you can't smooth out with the edge of a credit card.
Not the same as mine at least. The screen protector for the Geo is nothing like the film used for phones and tablets. And FWIW I actually tried to use the phone stuff as a substitute on another DC. For me at least it didn't work. Came off the first dive trip.

Maybe there are different materials or thicknesses used in screen protectors?

Madmanmike:

1)Measure as exactly as you can the diameter on your OCi crystal.
2) Go to www.zagg.com and select the watch protector of the diameter that matches your OCi
3) It cost about $ 15, uses military technology and I have had one of those attached to my Suunto Stinger for more that 12 years and still going strong.

Back
Top Bottom