Info SCTLD closures on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Appears to be a few changes since I last looked at the Stinapa map

1684257979319.png

Disease actively spreading: Something Special, Town Pier, Calabas Reef, 18th Palm, Windsock, Bachelor's Beach

Caution advised: Small Wall, Cliff, La Machaca, Buddy's Reef, Bari Reef, Front Porch, Just A Nice Dive (Klein Bonaire), Corp. Meiss, Chez Hines, Lighthouse Point

Another update
Screenshot_20230519_065805.jpg

New info today from STINAPA. Latest map shows additional sites orange: south to and including the Hilma Hooker; north now includes Cliff, Small Wall, Oil Slick, Jeff Davis, Weber's Joy; Klein now includes Ebo's Special and Sampler.
1686667148039.png

I was thinking of Bonaire in September/October. It looks like all dive sites may be closed by then. Breaks my heart to see this. Bonaire was my all time favorite.

I was thinking of Bonaire in September/October. It looks like all dive sites may be closed by then. Breaks my heart to see this. Bonaire was my all time favorite.
NONE of the orange dive sites are closed! NONE of the red dive sies are closed!
ONLY the dive sites north of Karpata ae closed, and Klein after 2pm.

NONE of the orange dive sites are closed! NONE of the red dive sies are closed!
ONLY the dive sites north of Karpata ae closed, and Klein after 2pm.
OK - BUT it doesn't look good and September is a long way off after the heat of summer.

OK - BUT it doesn't look good and September is a long way off after the heat of summer.
You do you.
I'll be there with a group for a month in Aug-Sept. I anticipate some fuss re site choices and sequencing, and some bother with decontamination, but do NOT expect the reef to be dead or all the fish gone.

By the way, Sept-Oct is the warmest water - it may be after meteorological summer, but not after oceanographic summer.
1686669188469.png

Than
You do you.
I'll be there with a group for a month in Aug-Sept. I anticipate some fuss re site choices and sequencing, and some bother with decontamination, but do NOT expect the reef to be dead or all the fish gone.

By the way, Sept-Oct is the warmest water - it may be after meteorological summer, but not after oceanographic summer.
View attachment 787774
Thanks for the info. Guess I was over reacting. Dive Friends told me that September usually has the lightest winds as well. This might be my last dive trip. I've taken chances on some other destinations and, for one reason or another, had less than stellar experiences. I know Bonaire and feel at home there so I'd prefer someplace I know I've had multiple great experiences.

I’m sorry, even though it’s expected, to see that northern Klein sites are now involved. At risk of beating a dead coral, the fact that sites on approximately-opposite Klein locations are under attack is notable, given that the day boats often head straight out to the north and east sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom