Scuba Club DM Busted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the same videographer on that trip. His bald buddy tries to grab fish.

Monkey see monkey do - when the DM is interacting with the wild life, it shows you that’s it’s ok to do.

I seen a DM that I have a ton of respect for, excellent man - he was giving a biology class underwater showing a queen conch, picking it up, turning it over. While he did it with the utmost care, the people he showed may not have that care.

IMO- touching, interaction is off limits.

The green turtle in Columbia, the one that mugs divers for lion fish - I heard it’s dead, hit by a boat.

Chuck, I haven’t heard about Thumper being dead. I know that at least one turtle that was being fed from boats was hit and killed. Likely more, since someone who feeds them probably realizes that this is a death sentence for the turtle.

I agree that the latest DM shown harassing the toadfish and scorpionfish with a muck stick had such similar gear - so many different pieces that are the same - to the guy pictured on the stern of the boat, that I cannot believe that it was two different divers...

Wish people knew how to use muck sticks properly. They’re so useful in non-harmful ways.

Occasionally I see conchs and other snail like critters upside down on the reefs. I hope I am not offending anyone's sensibilities when I nudge them over to right side up.

As long as you’re not skewering them with a muck stick to spin them around, I think you’re okay. I sometimes help out hermit crabs who have wedged themselves into impossible situations. Their little dead bodies below the trapped shells make me sad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom