Scuba Clubs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fish_bowl

Contributor
Reaction score
Are There Any Scuba Clubs Around The 1000 Islands Area?? I Know There Used To Be One In Brockville But I Was Wondering If There Are Anymore Or If Anyone Is Thinking Of Starting One.

There are a bunch that start with capital letters in Ottawa. FSAC, OBSC, umm. Wet Owls, Dolphinos, ummm...
and it's E-Divers-CA is the one in Brockville. E-Divers is based in Florida.
but you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference today well with the 95F temperature and smog in Ottawa.

Yes the Great Lakes Underwater Explorers Club is very active . I write the newsletter for it...if you need info on it PM me , we have club dives every thursday and SaturdAY nights.
We also have a few dive trips and projects going on this year.

Contact a few of the shops in the area. Most are associated with clubs. Choose the one that is right for you. Good luck.

cobaltbabe:
Contact a few of the shops in the area. Most are associated with clubs. Choose the one that is right for you. Good luck.

As a founding member of a new club, I would say the best idea is to try and find a club that is NOT associated with a LSD in any way shape or form.The problem with associating with a LDS is that if , heaven forbid, you purchase gear somewhere else you may be in for some problems with the LDS.
Planning your own trips, not tied to the LDS , will aford you the oppurtunity to tailor your schedule around members not the LDS. Also these trips can include non-diving spouses etc. This will make for an easier time making trips if non-divers are included.We plan all our outings to include family and friends.
Just some thoughts. If you need any more explaination PM me and i'll fill you in. :eyebrow:

I'm on LSD, but I think you really mean LDS :)

I'm in "Teazers" club (Well it's not called that, but he's the Grand Poo-Bah), And I must say I concur. The trips are a tad cheaper, seem to be more organized (Thanks in part to Mrs. Teazer AKA Cruise Director), Everyone is involved in the decision making, which I think makes them all happier and more eager to participate. Besides that, we get together for non-diving related things, monthly. It keeps up the friendships.

I just have way too much fun now on trips.

Steve

EDIT: I must say, for clarification as well, I think a club in conjunction with a shop is ideal, but sometimes shops get territorial and think clubs are stealing trips etc. We schedule our trips around the LDS's trips, so no conflicts develop, and people who want to do both trips (ours and LDS) don't have to make an either/or decision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom