Scuba Clubs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axeman:
ok already... what is the name of your club?

and what area does it service.??
The club is FREE FLOW DIVERS NIAGARA, and as implied we are based in the Niagara region.Family and fun oriented. :dazzler1: .Dive for the diving.

We had T-shirts, but the ink free-flowed off of them on the first washing........

hehehehe.

I have been on all sides of the fence here with the Scuba clubs, they all have their advantages and disadvantages. The first one was like the FFDN model, lots of fun, but with the decision to stay "neutral" the shops in town saw no reason to help. Another club I affiliated with same kind of stuff fun, diving but basically made demands to stores. The present club is a dive club affiliated with the store, air, nitrox and charter discounts. When trips are done every club member pays the same.

You have to find what works for your needs and have fun doing it.

Mmmmmm fill discounts :)

Hey Teazer........think you can get on that???

I think we should also mention the other, longer standing club in our area. NDA. Headed by Ian Marshall (AdvTech on S/Brd). I was at their most recent meeting, and BOY do they do a lot of work for local divers. Their mooring project alone must have been quite the feat. My hat is definately off to them.

They have a lot of very experienced divers, whereas, our club has "relatively" newer divers (Less than 5 yrs for the most part). Although we have a couple Instructors etc that have been diving upwards of 10 years plus, I do believe.

I think there's more than enough room for everyone.

I don't know what "help" we need as far as shops go, but a few of us, on an individual basis, have pretty good relations with our choice of shops.

I think I have found "what works" for me, and I hope it doesn't change! (Except if it wants to get even better!)

Steve

I'm trying to keep up to Steve in posts so I had to reply to this one as well.

I like to have out with this bunch of hooligans so they forced me to join....they kept shutting my air off on me underwater...just kidding.

Mr & Mrs Teazer got the club going but I think it's the friendships, cameraderie and sarcasm that keep it going. Although we're a fairly new club our insane cruise director (mrs. teazer) keeps us busy.

We also like to celebrate our member's birthdays with a party and social event. Our last one was playing laser tag, previous events include glow in the dark mini-putting, bowling & darts (Steve is such a bad loser...LOL).

The reason I enjoy being a member is that we're always having a good time. Gilboa was a blast as was the PADI clean up day. This weekend in Kingston is going to rock! It's only my 12th charter up there but the people make it worth going every time....

I'm sure some day I'll catch up to FinSolo on the amount of dives in that area...LOL.

No I'm not a bad loser.

Actually, I'd have to lose first, before you could tell :)

I am the supreme dart thrower, and I'd rule a chess board too.........

Not that chess is seen to be too manly, but it is fun. Nothing better than a Nimzo-Indian defense........uhhhh forget it. It's a chess thing..........

I'm too old for those physical sports. plus chess is a "Solo" thing, as I'm not good in team sports. (hehehe)

Steve

Scuba_Steve:
No I'm not a bad loser.

Actually, I'd have to lose first, before you could tell :)

I am the supreme dart thrower, and I'd rule a chess board too.........

Not that chess is seen to be too manly, but it is fun. Nothing better than a Nimzo-Indian defense........uhhhh forget it. It's a chess thing..........

I'm too old for those physical sports. plus chess is a "Solo" thing, as I'm not good in team sports. (hehehe)

Steve

Are you narc'd at the surface again?

Never lost have ya? Not even when Teazer was throwing with his wrong hand and still beat you to the double bull? Hmmm, something isn't right in that story...LOL.

We'll have to do another dart night soon so that we can see the playboy bunnies again...LOL.

I forgot to mention that our club members are also infamous for hijacking threads.....

come back over to Tangent Haven Steve-O....

Teazer has never beaten me. We finished on a draw, as the place was closing. The weekend after I was doing my "in class" work with Steve Lewis, and you guys had some putz stand in for me to finish the game.

I somehow missed the bunnies too. Maybe I was "chewed" at 1 ATA?

I will however enjoy a rematch if required to show you guys that I can win, even throwing left handed!

I just have to not tip the glass too much while I'm playing............

That's not what I remember - Teazer, can you please clear this up?

And Steve, it was really fun ordering you more drinks so that you were a little tipsy there....had to make the game more interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom