Info Scuba Cylinder Valve Installation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on oxygen handing best practices and advice of industry experts, Dive Gear Express currently does not recommend and does not use any form of lubricant, including oxygen compatible lubricant, with our Nitrox Ready SCUBA valves and cylinders.

Luxfer recommends lubrication of valve threads on their cylinders.

From Luxfer’s Guide to Scuba Cylinder Visual Inspection (Second Edition)

"The application of a small quantity of lubricant to the valve threads is essential for the proper care of the valve and cylinder. We recommend that only Dow Corning Compound 111 be used on valve threads.

Only a very small amount of the lube is needed, and only applied at the bottom of the valve threads. The lubricant will ride up the threads as it is installed. We only recommend this lubricant since it has proven compatible with cylinders and valves, doesn’t add any grease or oil to the cylinder, is safe to use, and helps prevent galvanic corrosion. "

DGX is also my favourite general SCUBA online retailer.

turning force for kinds of threads:
5/8 (paintball tanks or spareair) - 50(+20) N*m or 5(+2) kgf*m
М18х1.5 - 60(+20) N*m or 6(+2) kgf*m
W19.2 - 250(+-25) N*m or 25(+-2,5) kgf*m
W27.8- 220(+-40) N*m or 22(+-4) kgf*m

I suspect, that is much more important than any other points :)
As one my friend told: best lubricant (for static rings) is spittle

there is proofs for informaion above момент затяжки вентиля баллона: Клуб любителей экзотического дайвинга: Подводный форум больных дайвингом. (language of tank passports is different, but digits the same :) )

Unbelievable but believable
Thank you again Mr Sir Master Akimbo
Where the heck have these things been hiding

These things must be placed at the top of the front of somewhere

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom