Scuba deaths/incidents per certifying agency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rawls:
Because it's common sense perhaps?

Common sense would cause one to expect the opposite, but since the info will never be available we'll never know.

Walter:
Common sense would cause one to expect the opposite, but since the info will never be available we'll never know.

Excellent play on words Walter...And I totally agree:)

ccardvol:
Ok good enough. I guess I asked the wrong question. I suppose what I want to know is, of PADI, SSI, or NAUI, which agency would give me to most "advanced" training in order to receive their respective AOW certifications.

SSIs "Advanced" card actually requires 4 specialties (e.g. nav, night, nitrox, deep or rescue) in order to get it. It therefore requires more diving and more instruction than the AOW from other agencies.

That's really comparing apples and oranges, though, and a PADI or NAUI diver can take the same specialties and wind up with basically identical training...

My guess is, the incidence is too low to find a statistical difference between agencies if you are looking for death rate.

If it is prevalence, obviously the ones that pump out the most cert divers would be padi, but it is not useful information.

If it is per cert agencies, likely the one that has the highest physical and mental standard will have the lowest accident and mortality rate. No overweight, physically deterioted individual will be cert by them.

cudachaser:
Check the insurance rates per agency

Unfortunately, the information you noted here might be opposite of what you expected. The ones with the most divers certified a year likely will have the lowest fee per diver due to economy of scale. The smallest ones, LA for example, likely will have the highest.

Well, the question I wanted an answer to was the question I asked. But since it seems like an impossible answer for you "expert" divers and the majority of answers aren't answers at all, so, how about this, if you don't know the answer to my question or have valid information to give me comparing PADI/SSI/NAUI and their respective training and safety statistics, then just shut up.

ccardvol:
Well, the question I wanted an answer to was the question I asked. But since it seems like an impossible answer for you "expert" divers and the majority of answers aren't answers at all, so, how about this, if you don't know the answer to my question or have valid information to give me comparing PADI/SSI/NAUI and their respective training and safety statistics, then just shut up.

Never claimed to be an expert. Just trying to be objective. Why don't you direct your question to PADI, SSI, and Naui. They are the expert.

Ask an idiot a question, and you would get an idiotic answer. I am a certified idiot. Next time, please include exclusion data in the folks you wanted to post on your thread. Perhaps a minimum IQ requirement?

My fault. I thought the question carried it's own exlusions. Namely, the question "if there was information available about the incident rate per certifying agency. I'm mostly interested in the PADI/SSI/NAUI comparison." Which I (mistakenly) believed the exclusion to be if you have no direct knowledge of, or information that could prove helpful in locating said information, you are excused from participation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom