Scuba diver dies after being found floating at Kurnell, NSW, Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was referring to the additional information mentioned by clownfishsydney, above, and previously in the thread. I don't think I need to be reprimanded for my post

I hope I didnt come across as though you were reprimanded... if you took it that way I do apologise. So many people have been asking for the info from the dive buddies it was an assumption many of us made that you had been refering to that.

I am also intrested to see if any additional pertinant facts facts, come to light.

I think we are all waiting, and hoping to learn more. I was only observing that info actually has been released as it has become available, and there has been no indication that anything has been hidden.
I was also trying to say that while playing amateur detective when so little real information is available might make for interesting reading, and can get us thinking about our own diving habits, it is just speculation without any foundation in this particular accident.

I hope I didnt come across as though you were reprimanded... if you took it that way I do apologise. So many people have been asking for the info from the dive buddies it was an assumption many of us made that you had been refering to that.

I am also intrested to see if any additional pertinant facts facts, come to light.

Thanks for the comment, it was not you, it was gypsyjim who was being overly protective of the thread.

Thank you, though I am sorry if you have assumed that I was criticizing you specifically.

If hoping we could keep this thread from ending up in the same normal dismal swamp of wild speculation, and ego boosting posturing, where little of value is seldom, if ever gained (like so many of these A and I threads end up), is being protective then I wish we could do that with every accident and fatality thread on SB.

Of course, you are welcome to speculate and demand, or even play Dick Tracy, if that is your desire, but I admit that I am one of those who was hoping that we could keep the thread on Quero's death focused on the facts as they do become available.

Last edited:
The fact is, that unless there is a Coroner's Inquest, there will be no judgement or statement or anything else released by the authorities. That is how it goes here in New South Wales. Personally, I doubt there will be an inquest. Most diving deaths do not lead to an inquest.

In any case, the people who investigate them do not have any diving knowledge. They are police, pure and simple. In the case of our friend who died, the only reason they got a dive profile was that I downloaded the dive computer at the police station some 18 months after she died. They did not even appear to know this was possible.

The fact is, that unless there is a Coroner's Inquest, there will be no judgement or statement or anything else released by the authorities. That is how it goes here in New South Wales. Personally, I doubt there will be an inquest. Most diving deaths do not lead to an inquest.

In any case, the people who investigate them do not have any diving knowledge. They are police, pure and simple. In the case of our friend who died, the only reason they got a dive profile was that I downloaded the dive computer at the police station some 18 months after she died. They did not even appear to know this was possible.

Ummmm.. not sure if you meant to or not clownfish but this implies you downloaded Queros Computer 18 months after she died last month.... I think you might be referring to a different case or posted it in the wrong thread..... you may feel it necisary to clarify this statement.... (If I completely mis-read the post I apologise)

***Edit After re-reading this post a couple times I'm starting to think it might be a different person rather than a months Typo.... And I do think its Horribly tragic it would take so long to get such information to the police. And again I apologise for my confusion everyone kept saying they were friends with Quero so much I got totally lost there for a bit.****

I do agree police detectives are experts in Investigation, but unless they are divers they may need to get some info from divers; I would think they would go to local dive shops and ask questions of the police divers who recovered her camera. But I think gypsyjim said earlier (and your elluding to the same fact) They are focused on prooving or dissproving wrongful death and if somone was at fault. They can come to that conclusion without actually determining cause of death. So thier investigation may fall WAY short of what we would like to see. And I think thats a Great point to hit on. it just goes to point out. We'll likely never have enough facts to know for certain what hapned.

Last edited:
Mostlyharmless, reread my post, it is quite clear who I am referring to, it is part of the one sentence. I did not know Marcia. I never mentioned Marcia at all.

Back
Top Bottom