Scuba diver drowns near Santa Cruz Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely not. These are DIVER responsibilities. (And even the heart attack is too because if you get regular - like yearly - medical checups for diving, we'd eliminate some already-certified people from diving as they age because of underlying cardiac issues.)

But back to the original point, this whole undercurrent of "my buddy can/will fix whatever goes wrong" is what gets a lot of people in trouble.
That was the original point? Missed it. I would not call that part of good buddy protocols, which I will continue to suggest.
You want to learn a lesson from other people's mistakes? Start off with the notion that you need to be self-reliant because - buddy or solo - that may give you your best shot.

- Ken
Ok, sure - I'll go with that, did long ago. Truly, I'd rather dive alone with my pony than a buddy I don't know, and my home bud has certainly failed me at times - so I will certainly go with that one.

And if I die diving, you certainly welcome to question anything - hope you do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom