Scuba diving in upstate New York

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JARTOG

Reaction score
Hey everyone im just here to find out some new places to go diving in upstate new york... thanks:)

Could you be a little more specific? Upstate is everything north of NYC and includes everything from Albany to Syracuse to Buffalo :)

If you mean diving in the I-87 area, there is Lake George and Lake Champlain, both which have wrecks. If you go north of Syracuse, there is the St. Lawrence which is arguably some of the best wreck diving in the North East.

i live in binghamton so i guess it would be southern upstate new york but im willing to go everywhere but is there anything close to me?

You could check out All About SCUBA in Vestal or National Aquatic Services in Syracuse. When I lived out there (Ithaca), I did a little bit of diving in Skeneateles Lake (~2 hrs from you) and the St. Lawrence (3+ hrs).

Binghamton area folks typically go to the St. Lawrence or to Dutch Springs. And Skaneateles Lake as Soggy says, as well as the other nearer Finger Lakes. I'm in Oneonta. Are you right in Binghamton?

-- Dan

Come over to the Lake Effect Divers (it's under the Great Lakes Wrecking). We have a member from Troy who dives with us. We'll be diving in Dutch, Brockville, Lake Ontario and Lake Erie this summer(and maybe Lake Champlain). The next event is DUI Dog Days at Dutch. May 20-21.
--Heather.

Is there anywhere worth diving in the Finger Lakes? My daughter goes to shcool in Elmira and we've gone out thee many times for the wine trails around the Lakes. They sure are beautiful, it would be nice to dive them but we don't want to be looking at just muck bottoms.

How about lake minawaska. It is deep, crystal clear and has some interesting bottom formations. Try googling Mohonk Mountain Lodge and asking them if it is OK to dive. Also try lake Minawaska. This is another deep clear glacial lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom