Scuba Diving Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have recently cam back from Cyprus where I did a discover scuba course and a few additional dives and loved it.. Am looking to do some kinda internship and learn from Open watet to dive master, have found alot of centres offering this but dont have a clue what country woule be best, or what centre to go for.... prices seem to vary from being really high and some being free and exchange for you working for them... Any help would be great! Andrew :)

I am not sure what country you are in now but I would
suggest starting with an open water course and making
sure you like it before you go "all in". My friend took one
of those resort courses and then took the open water course
and decided SCUBA was not their cup of tea. That
said, there are many reputable organizations for OW certification
such as NAUI, PADI and many others.

If you loved discover scuba, I doubt you'll change your mind after OW class though it could happen. But another reason to take your time is that going from OW to DM all at once without enough real diving experience in between really isn't the way to become a good DM. These courses exist because there is a market for them but that doesn't mean they are necessarily a good idea. They meet at least the minimum standards for number of dives and stuff, but many people think those standards are way too low and you wouldn't have enough experience to be a good DM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom