Scuba Diving TV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds a great idea Bob. What would be great is having someone knowledgable describing perhaps some of the fish behaviours and the more common fish. Not all the interesting fish have neon blue and yellow scales! When I tell people I go diving off VA Beach they are amazed that there is anything to see! Perhaps a guest segment each week, where some lucky diver gets to provide you with 3 minutes of footage for the prestige and you get 3 minutes filled.

I think that U.S. is a kind of behind in this matter. Some Asian countries have already started Scuba channels through a cable and internet. You can download and watch the show whenever you want. Of course, it is free of charge. Sometimes, I don’t understand why History and Discovery channels do not provide the internet watching even with small charge (for example, $1 per one episode). Maybe, they are too much business oriented so that they would like to sell $19.99 VHS tape. Through the scuba channel, many potential divers are tempted to get into this world. It also provides a lot of dive information, such as local dive site, temperature, event, class, new equipment preview, etc…. I think the internet acts as the most critical role for a successful scuba channel launching.

hoosier:
I think that U.S. is a kind of behind in this matter.

I think this is so ironic. Way back when my homeland (England) had but 3 chanels and the 4th was an incredible thing (around 1980), the US had (and has) way too many! They now have shows and chanels dedicated to people cutting down trees, chicken hunters, chicken chokers, fishing for bass, shopping but no scuba!

bob1dp:
Here is the NBC link to their new show "Surface". http://www.nbc.com/Fall/Shows.shtml

It sounds like a fun idea but it doesn't seem like they have much faith in it. Their only press at all has been to announce a name change from "Fathom" to "Surface".

THAT's the show we're talking about? Why did I ever think it might be a truly substantive show about SCUBA diving, marine ecology and conservation? Looks to me like just another time slot I don't have to consider.

Tsk, tsk.

hoosier:
I think that U.S. is a kind of behind in this matter. Some Asian countries have already started Scuba channels through a cable and internet. You can download and watch the show whenever you want. Of course, it is free of charge...Through the scuba channel, many potential divers are tempted to get into this world. It also provides a lot of dive information, such as local dive site, temperature, event, class, new equipment preview, etc…. I think the internet acts as the most critical role for a successful scuba channel launching.

Any contact info or web site addresses for these? They sound much more in line with what I was hoping for.

drbill:
THAT's the show we're talking about? Why did I ever think it might be a truly substantive show about SCUBA diving, marine ecology and conservation? Looks to me like just another time slot I don't have to consider.

Tsk, tsk.
I don't believe that this thread is about that NBC show just mentioned. I think this in reference to a side conversation that developed within the thread.

Christian

I also want a Scuba channel, where they dive remote locations, and inform the viewer what to expect, gear reviews with pro's ond cons, as well as some info on safety and stuff.......lots of content to exploit. Can even get into technical stuff so that the PADI dewds can go and dive to 500ft with 100% O2.

Looks like everyone is ready for a GOOD scuba show question i have is there something we can do to get this off the ground and into the water so to speak??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom