Scuba Fest---Wilmington OH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I went to the first session of the scubafest event in Wilmington OH last evening(3/9/07).

I took the PSI upadate and was the only person to sign up for that class. The instructor, Dave Leander, went right on with the presentation. It was a very good review of the recent decisions regarding cylinder inspections. Dave also shared with me some of his policies and materials that he uses as a dive shop owner regarding cylinder inspections and fill station operations.

Prior to the class session I looked at the displays that were set up(many had not arrived yet) and ran across some things to buy. Unfortunately I made a bad decision to not buy anything until after the class session was over. Most of the vendors had closed their booths by the time the class was over so I was n't able to buy the things I wanted:(

One thing that is a must see in my opinion is the art work done by Pascal Lecocq. His studio is called Cerulean Blue and is in Florida. He has some galleries in a three or places in Florida. His oil paintings are awesome IMO. I like his ideas and really like the color brilliance in the oil paintings. He had some post cards for sale that are prints of the oil paintings that I wanted to buy but he had closed for the evening during my PSI class. He is also interested in painting scenes with horses so I really hope we get to see his works in Ky in the future. Definitely have a good look at his work if you go to scubafest.

I met several dive operators from Michigan and picked up some information from Blackbeards Cruises. I hope to make a trip to Port Sanilac this summer and a trip with Blackbeards this fall/winter.

Those of you who make it to scubafest for Saturday and sunday will have much more to see and do. Enjoy!!

Sounds like they did you a favour, you got your update and didn't sink a bunch of cash on toys! So what caught your eye that you were not able to purchase?

Things that caught my eye; shark teeth, just a few. Post cards from Pascal's collection. A regulator necklace which looked to be way better than all the other versions I've ever seen. A spool, just because I want another one. Most likely there were a few other things but I can't remember them.

How about MAST workshop?

Have you had a chance to attend?

Land Locked:
I thought you were attending MAST this weekend?

The workshop was on Friday...

I contacted with MAST and found out that Friday workshop is an intro level mini workshop, so I passed it out. :D

Can't blame you there, was that all they had planned for the entire weekend?

Jbd said it was slow at best Friday. I would have thought there would have been
better activities over Sat. and Sun.

Land Locked:
Can't blame you there, was that all they had planned for the entire weekend?

Jbd said it was slow at best Friday. I would have thought there would have been
better activities over Sat. and Sun.

It was only two hours introduction workshop. I am sure it must be a great for someone who wants to know more info though. Their real class will be this April and May. If there was something new, I was supposed to be there on Friday evening. Jim must be there today and tomorrow and I will be there with Min tomorrow.

It sounds like that Scubafest is a pretty small regional show compared to the Chicago one. Even, I felt that the Chicago show was small. LOL~~~

PennyPue and I walked through the exhibits with another dive buddy. It was good to walk around on Saturday, but the attendance seemed to be light. I know they tried to split the difference between Cincy and Columbus to get more folks from Cincy & Dayton, but it only seems to make it harder to get to for folks in the rest of the state (e.g. Toledo, Cleveland, Youngstown). Oh well... it was nice to only drive 25 minutes up the road and have lots of time to talk with the folks at the booths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom