Scuba Fest---Wilmington OH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was another great check out regional scuba show since the Chicago one (Under Water ). As others pointed out, we are a little bit disappointed at the exhibit compared to the Chicago Show. Sunday is another slow day.

What I learned from the previous two Scuba events is that the seminar and workshop are real value for the participants. And, the staff and rep. on each booth are all really friendly and ready to answer any question.

I attended DAN O2 workshop on Sunday. LOL~~ It was a joke. I highly recommend Red Cross one or comprehensive DEMP class.

Funny. We, Min & I, talked about PennyPue when we drove through Cincy. We hope to see you guys this coming season, maybe at Joe’s… It was another real joy to have lunch with Jim. I respect Jim’s passion on the diving (well planned and trained). We met Mike R. who has a million dollar friendly smile and great sense of humor. He looks ok even after a recent operation.

Jim, please post any update if you have any specific plan on the wreck trip.

Chris, LOL~~~ I bear it in mind……..

What is a famous thing in Willmington OH? I know there is a private college though. I mean that a really good facility is located in a weird or unknown place.

hoosier:
It was another great check out regional scuba show since the Chicago one (Under Water ). As others pointed out, we are a little bit disappointed at the exhibit compared to the Chicago Show. Sunday is another slow day.

What I learned from the previous two Scuba events is that the seminar and workshop are real value for the participants. And, the staff and rep. on each booth are all really friendly and ready to answer any question.

I attended DAN O2 workshop on Sunday. LOL~~ It was a joke. I highly recommend Red Cross one or comprehensive DEMP class.

Funny. We, Min & I, talked about PennyPue when we drove through Cincy. We hope to see you guys this coming season, maybe at Joe’s… It was another real joy to have lunch with Jim. I respect Jim’s passion on the diving (well planned and trained). We met Mike R. who has a million dollar friendly smile and great sense of humor. He looks ok even after a recent operation.

Jim, please post any update if you have any specific plan on the wreck trip.

Chris, LOL~~~ I bear it in mind……..

What is a famous thing in Willmington OH? I know there is a private college though. I mean that a really good facility is located in a weird or unknown place.

Now that Penny and I have a fill station setup, we'll be checking out lot's more diving south of the Ohio border. Previously, our convenient/trusted fill locations were all in the other direction, so it strongly biased where we dove locally.

The convention center at Wilmington is primarily a result of the large R&L trucking/transportation headquarters there. (R&L is the occasional primary sponsor on the #17 Matt Kenseth NASCAR car). The DHL air freight carrier also has a large hub there at that local airport. Other than that, it's a very rural location, for sure! :)

...oh... and next time consider the ASHI O2 admin course! :D

wb416:
Now that Penny and I have a fill station setup, we'll be checking out lot's more diving south of the Ohio border. Previously, our convenient/trusted fill locations were all in the other direction, so it strongly biased where we dove locally.

The convention center at Wilmington is primarily a result of the large R&L trucking/transportation headquarters there. (R&L is the occasional primary sponsor on the #17 Matt Kenseth NASCAR car). The DHL air freight carrier also has a large hub there at that local airport. Other than that, it's a very rural location, for sure! :)

...oh... and next time consider the ASHI O2 admin course! :D

Well Well Well. Finally you have your own fill station. Congrats....
I remember your recent post on TDS. I thought you guys came to the show because RB.... :D

Thanks for your answers. After being there, we were surprised and wondered.

What is in the south of the Ohio border? Caves? Sorry.. We are Indiana Redneck....:wink:

Ashi... That's a good one.... I like it....:)

hoosier:
Well Well Well. Finally you have your own fill station. Congrats....
I remember your recent post on TDS. I thought you guys came to the show because RB.... :D

Thanks for your answers. After being there, we were surprised and wondered.

What is in the south of the Ohio border? Caves? Sorry.. We are Indiana Redneck....:wink:

Ashi... That's a good one.... I like it....:)

I still have 1/2 a fill station in North Central Ohio, but it's too many hours away to be of practical use. :wink:

RB? Rebreathers? Not anytime soon.

I hear tell from other folk that there's more than a couple of quarries to social/dive in, in N. KY. It's all hearsay of course! :D I'm looking forward to checking out the rumours!

wb416:
I still have 1/2 a fill station in North Central Ohio, but it's too many hours away to be of practical use. :wink:

RB? Rebreathers? Not anytime soon.

I hear tell from other folk that there's more than a couple of quarries to social/dive in, in N. KY. It's all hearsay of course! :D I'm looking forward to checking out the rumours!

If we were close enough, I wouldn't mind sharing mine though (condition: no lawyer behine). I think it is a kind of limitation in mid-west.

We (Min & I) are are considering RB seriously...

Sounds great.. Please let us know if you find any good site.. We are all listening.. :)

WT, I'll be bringing my Sweetie down to meet everyone at Joe's!!! There's some really nice low vis green water for practicing drills. I know right where to find it too. :D

I'm just wondering if Wally will let me lead a dive without a compass again!! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom