Scuba friendly hotel/motel near Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cross Country Inn, on the other side of I-75, at the same exit as Gilboa. Tell them you're a diver, they'll give you a discount and try to put you in a ground floor room so it's easy to lug your gear in and out.

hantzu701:
I'm planning to be at Gilboa next weekend. Any suggestions for a scuba friendly motel/hotel?

Charles
And if you don't like Cross Country, Rodeway is across the street and you can get a discount calling in your reservation or book online.

There are a ton of motels at the corner I75 and SR224.
Or you could camp at Gilboa, they have a really nice camp area.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding a hotel, but it's going to be 7 miles to the east of Gilboa. If you're driving south on I75 you'll go right past them. Just stop and register before heading to the quarry.

If you need any local information, I'll give it my best to get it for you.

stay safe,

Randy

hantzu701:
I'm planning to be at Gilboa next weekend. Any suggestions for a scuba friendly motel/hotel?

Charles

We stay at that little dump that's right on 224 almost out of town. It's cheap and close to the quarry

FYI, at least 3 of the hotels in that area are booked that weekend. I don't know why, but there must be something going on in the area.

Econolodge was available as of 3pm today. Days Inn booked, Country Hearth booked. One other one booked-I can't remember it's name now

detroit diver:
FYI, at least 3 of the hotels in that area are booked that weekend. I don't know why, but there must be something going on in the area.

Econolodge was available as of 3pm today. Days Inn booked, Country Hearth booked. One other one booked-I can't remember it's name now

Cross Country is booked too.

I was going to wait, but it sounds like I'll have to book ASAP.

Thanks,
Charles

DD,

It must be that darn Fundamentals class. I hear it's a DIR only weekend at the quarry :wink:

detroit diver:

Dan Gibson:
DD,

It must be that darn Fundamentals class. I hear it's a DIR only weekend at the quarry :wink:

If the class is that big, then we're going to be really short on instructors!!

If the places by I-75 are all booked up you can try the hotels on Tiffen which are about 4 miles East of the I-75/SR224 exit. These are a little more expensive but most have hot breakfast included (Fairfield Inn, Hawthorne Suites, TownePlace Suites)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom