Scuba gear found while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found a mask in one location (actually on the shore as I was gearing off), lost my mask in another location.. Recycling :p

One mask (returned to newbie who dropped it), seven snorkles, and an 8 c-cell dive light.

After one season in the Similan Islands (Thailand), working on a live aboard I found:

10 masks
8 snorkels
3 Cameras in housings
2 Cameras without housings (dead)
more smb's than i could count
A suunto stinger (working)
3 reels
6 torches
more weights than a dive shop needs!
sunglasses by the dozen
a number of towels
various knives/line cutters
fins, usually just one, but got lucky and found a pair of Jet Fins (unlucky too small for me)
etc etc etc

Some stuff was returned to dive shops if marked, located one of the cameras owners, the rest was our plunder to sell keep or share!

I guess some people just are not careful.

This spring in the local freshwater lake what I thought at first was a round minnow trap turned out to be a complete scuba setup.The bottom of the tank was sticking out of the 2ft of bottom silt.When I pulled out a tank ,backplate,1st and 2nd stage intact I about ---- myself.The worst part was feeling around in the silt for a body that thank god was not there.A sticker on the tank noted the last tank inspection was 1973.

To date I've found 3 SureLock weight pouches.

Evidently they don't...

ok....i'll bite....

why exactly is that?

Stage bottles since sometimes you may be traveling further than one tank will go, and cave environments are the best for doubles, also perhaps different mixes of nitrox for Deco. Someone who is a cave diver ( My buoyancy isn't quite there yet) can probably explain better

My wife lost her mask in the surf at Myrtle Beach. A wave knocked her over and washed the mask off. So if you find it....:D
I have found a fishing rod, and different dive stuff, snorkels, mask, and weights.

Lots of masks and snorkles, with a few lead weights....

I jumped off a boat at Cocoview and descended and noticed a flashlight on the bottom. I went and picked it up and did the dive. There was a name on the light so I looked at the boat boards and found the guys name. He lost it on the morning dive, bought me a beer pretty cool.

Weights Mask snorkel fishing gear.

Stage bottles since sometimes you may be traveling further than one tank will go, and cave environments are the best for doubles, also perhaps different mixes of nitrox for Deco. Someone who is a cave diver ( My buoyancy isn't quite there yet) can probably explain better

i was thinking maybe leaving them with the intention of picking it up on your way back....like hansel and gretel maybe?:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom