Scuba Komodo Indonesia | Macromatemini, Cyan Filter, Archon Lights, Flip3.1 On Srp Tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrTW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there,

Sharing a video filmed with a MacroMate mini lens and Archon Lights on SRP tray in Komodo, Indonesia.

Equipment used:
• GoPro Hero 4
• Snake River Prototyping Cyan Filter 55mm
• Backscatter MacroMate Mini 55mm
• Backscatter FLIP3.1
• Archon D11V Lights
• Mounted on a Snake River Prototyping Tray

Dive Resort: www.scubajunkiekomodo.com (EXCELLENT EXCELLENT!!!)

Thanks for any feedback.

Thank you.

Yes, the yellowish tint is an overcompensation for poor lightning. I might have had a wrong setting set at time of filming. Overall the yellowish tint is better then the original format.

Excellent footage. Thanks for sharing.

It also confirms that I need to practice my focus skill with the MacroMini.........
Any tips that you can share? I've tried to practice at home but it never turned out the same when I am underwater :eek:

EDIT: I read your other thread. Good tips :D

Last edited:
Excellent footage. Thanks for sharing.

It also confirms that I need to practice my focus skill with the MacroMini.........
Any tips that you can share? I've tried to practice at home but it never turned out the same when I am underwater :eek:

EDIT: I read your other thread. Good tips :D

Thank you :)

My secret is very simple: take lots and lots of videos and trash about 95% later due to focus issues and shakiness.

I try to use my pointer carefully to stabilize the tray. Not always possible as I don't want to impact corals etc.

Some of the shots are done during night dives (my favorite) and I'm trying to position the tray on the bottom near the object, let the silk and sand settle and just wait for something to happen.

Overall I'm taking a LOT of videos and i am very selective on choosing the little snippets which are useful.

Sometimes I need to remind myself to also enjoy the dive/surroundings as well and not just getting caught up behind a tiny camera :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom