Scuba police...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd love some of them in the Caribbean, but for protecting the reef, not the divers.

It would be really cool to have a cop sneak up on some moron trampling the coral, demand his C-Card and punch a hole in an "I Was Stupid" check-box right on the card.

After two punches, the card would be invalid.

Terry

Nah, no need to make them carry a card. Put the i was stupid check boxes on the regulator hose... I guess you only get one check there :)

Nah, no need to make them carry a card. Put the i was stupid check boxes on the regulator hose... I guess you only get one check there :)

I like it! :D

Terry

Nice!

That is included in section 5,6745.112345678-ADSEBCDES sub section 1,0000000, 123567453678.5674567388890, paragraph 2 billion six hundred and sixty six, sixth sentence of the new Obahma Care bill.

N

Can't pull it up, is it civil or criminal ?

Don't Tase Me Bro!:D

IN THE WATER! What a PITA! On the boat, shore, whatever.. who cares. But the last thing I would want to deal with at the start of a dive is a COP!

I have less of a problem with what they are doing vs. how they are going about it.

I have a problem with certification cards being treated like a license. Good thing I will NEVER be diving there.

IN THE WATER! What a PITA! On the boat, shore, whatever.. who cares. But the last thing I would want to deal with at the start of a dive is a COP!

I have less of a problem with what they are doing vs. how they are going about it.

Worse yet, what if they come up on your towards the end of your dive?

Cops: "You were trying to evade us"
You: "I was at my NDL and had to ascent" or "I was at my rock bottom pressure"
Cops: "So you admit you left"
You: "I thought it preferrifible to drowning or getting bent"

How do they dress? Do their wetsuits have police on them?

I never have ever carried my cards with me or even on a boat.
We show them at the main office and then they are back in with the luggage at the hotel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom