SCUBA Poor :( But Happy :D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My college had scuba classes in the curriculum. I was on the GI Bill, and everything was paid for up to rescue. See if their college has scuba courses.

Don't know if you're on the hook for any of it or not. Is it school or is it a hobby? School USUALLY implies degree/diploma, now qualified to work. If she becomes a DM, maybe. But at least here in Canada, I've read that deductibility of stuff (equipment, gas, etc.) all depends on what kind of $ you make and if it is work, or a hobby. If it's a hobby, I don't think it qualifies as school.

Like Phil (MaxBottomTime) I am a certified dive bum, but my car is much older than his (a 1978 Toyota Tercel that still runs great but looks like bison doo doo).
Yeah, but you only drive twelve miles each year. A tank of gas must last you decades. Your last fill up was probably during a gas price war between your local Esso, Standard, Richfield and Phillips 66 stations. You even got a nice set of drinking glasses with your fill up. :rofl3:

I have a standing policy at home that I will pay for any "schooling" they desire. Of course...
A sound policy probably conceived with thoughts of violin lessons and medical school. Leave it to kids to find the loophole. My sister wrote her kids checks for $200k when they turned 18. She said, "Pay your tuition, start a software company, buy a high-end Porsche, whatever--it's your life. But that's the end of your financial support from us." It took some nerve, I think, but she knows her kids, I guess. They both opted to pay tuition. I would have opted for a flashy car and flashier girlfriend at that age.

A sound policy probably conceived with thoughts of violin lessons and medical school. Leave it to kids to find the loophole. My sister wrote her kids checks for $200k when they turned 18. She said, "Pay your tuition, start a software company, buy a high-end Porsche, whatever--it's your life. But that's the end of your financial support from us." It took some nerve, I think, but she knows her kids, I guess. They both opted to pay tuition. I would have opted for a flashy car and flashier girlfriend at that age.

Your sister wouldn't happen to be single by any chance would she?:cool2:

Back
Top Bottom