SCUBA Presenters Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerrynuss

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The SIU Egyptian Divers club is looking for some people willing to give presentations at the club meetings. So if you have an idea or special area of interest we would like to hear from you.

In the past we have had presenters do topics on;
Sharks
Crayfish
Nitrox
Trimix
Deco planning
Cave Diving
Trips to West Palm Beach, South Pacific, Antartica, etc.
Underwater photography
Regulator repair
Compressor operations
gas blending
Drysuits
Rebreathers

Anyway we like to keep things interesting and kepp the club members busy with activities and diving.

jnuss@hcis.net

How about diving in Rock Quarries and some of the cool rock quarries in the world

beachdivequeenbelam:
How about diving in Rock Quarries and some of the cool rock quarries in the world

Sure! Considering a lot of the students can't afford to travel but still want to dive it would be agreat idea.

We normally go to Mermet, Pennyroyal, Cerulean but it would be great to hear about other locations or aquatic life in quarries.

I think I could find the presentation I did on freshwater turtles (specifically those of the midwest) that I did for my biology class a couple of years ago. It got me an A and everyone said they thought it was pretty well done (It included a powerpoint presentation). Let me know what you think....feel free to private message me or e-mail me at usafmedic45@hotmail.com

jerrynuss:
The SIU Egyptian Divers club is looking for some people willing to give presentations at the club meetings. So if you have an idea or special area of interest we would like to hear from you.

In the past we have had presenters do topics on;
Sharks
Crayfish
Nitrox
Trimix
Deco planning
Cave Diving
Trips to West Palm Beach, South Pacific, Antartica, etc.
Underwater photography
Regulator repair
Compressor operations
gas blending
Drysuits
Rebreathers

Anyway we like to keep things interesting and kepp the club members busy with activities and diving.

jnuss@hcis.net
How about search and recovery? I do this part time to offset my diving expenses. Deep recovery is probably the most interesting techniques.

stingray1:
How about search and recovery? I do this part time to offset my diving expenses. Deep recovery is probably the most interesting techniques.

The mentioned idea about turtles and S&R are great topics and exactly what we are looking for. What we like to see is an organized presentation with visual aids and all the ideas mentioned fit right in.

Just about anything related to diving is acceptable and a variety of presenters keeps it interesting and we get to meet new people with a diving related interest.

You can e-mail me at jnuss@hcis.net

jerrynuss:
The mentioned idea about turtles and S&R are great topics and exactly what we are looking for. What we like to see is an organized presentation with visual aids and all the ideas mentioned fit right in.

Just about anything related to diving is acceptable and a variety of presenters keeps it interesting and we get to meet new people with a diving related interest.

You can e-mail me at jnuss@hcis.net

Got a chalk board for the organized presentation?
For the visual aids - well.........grab your gear and a camera and I will set up a mock operation for you to take pictures of.:D As I work alone most of the time, unless I need a line tender during dark water s&r.

While your at it, how about doing one on growing gills? :D Anyway, sign me up for the buddy part of whatever you need to demo.

I can also demo the BP/W setup for a single tank if anyone wants to see it.

stingray1:
For the visual aids - well.........grab your gear and a camera and I will set up a mock operation for you to take pictures of.:D As I work alone most of the time, unless I need a line tender during dark water s&r.

We can also all go down to Mermet so you and I can demonstrate how underwater buddy-team works with the Mermet Moving Company. hehehe

stingray1:

brianwl:
While your at it, how about doing one on growing gills? :D Anyway, sign me up for the buddy part of whatever you need to demo.
Why certainly, glad to have you help me in a demonstration. If they want to see a deep recovery though I feel that we need to meet up well before the demo so as I can go over the process very thoroughly with you. It's quite intensive, unlike moving around stone statues. Of course, I have already gone over the general theory behind it with you the other night chatting with you while working on some rigging, didn't I.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom