SCUBA Presenters Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brianwl:
While your at it, how about doing one on growing gills?

I can easily demo that during a deep op.:eyebrow:

brianwl:
We can also all go down to Mermet so you and I can demonstrate how underwater buddy-team works with the Mermet Moving Company. hehehe
We really do need to find something really interesting to shuffle around down there. Maybe suspend a jet ski about 20ft off of the bottom 60ft ridge.

Or, lift a boat to suspend it in the water, make it look like it's floating, put a couple of dummies in it and you have the perfect boat outing only under the water.

Do you think that I may have an overactive imagination?

Ok, so, we take one of the statues over to the deep end of the pool next time we're there, sink it on Saturday and recover it on Sunday. hehehe

stingray1:
Why certainly, glad to have you help me in a demonstration. If they want to see a deep recovery though I feel that we need to meet up well before the demo so as I can go over the process very thoroughly with you. It's quite intensive, unlike moving around stone statues. Of course, I have already gone over the general theory behind it with you the other night chatting with you while working on some rigging, didn't I.

jerrynuss:
Sure! Considering a lot of the students can't afford to travel but still want to dive it would be agreat idea.

We normally go to Mermet, Pennyroyal, Cerulean but it would be great to hear about other locations or aquatic life in quarries.
there are a lot in the area. There are several here in TN too.
Martha's Quarry run by Fred and they are having a thing on 9/11 treasure hunt and such. There is Loch low Minn in Athens TN(east). Cookeville has diving.
There is diving in the lakes and Rivers and of course the quarries in KY. You could talk about why Cerulean is warmer than say Pennyroyal.

brianwl:
Ok, so, we take one of the statues over to the deep end of the pool next time we're there, sink it on Saturday and recover it on Sunday. hehehe
If we didn't mark it then we would definately have a search on our hands. Bring a sling and deco bottles with ya just in case:D

stingray1:
How about search and recovery? I do this part time to offset my diving expenses. Deep recovery is probably the most interesting techniques.
Isn't that considered professional diving? Is that allowed in a recreational setting?

Kim, the need to learn search and recovery skills is well within the recreational arena. Whether one gets paid for performing the search and recovery would be the only thing that could possibly make it professional.

As for doing deep S&R, that is also something that could be considered to be in a recreational arena as long as it is performed within the recreational depth limits, no deeper than 130 feet.

Either way, there is absolutely nothint wrong in presenting this information to those that want to know. I for one and glad to have the opportunity to learn and do more things than just swimming along and looking at the fisheys.

Brian

KimLeece:
Isn't that considered professional diving? Is that allowed in a recreational setting?

Jerry,

Stingray1 and I dive a lot together. We both seem to be interested in helping out. Let us know what we can do and I'm confident we can come up with something.

Brian

jerrynuss:
The mentioned idea about turtles and S&R are great topics and exactly what we are looking for. What we like to see is an organized presentation with visual aids and all the ideas mentioned fit right in.

Just about anything related to diving is acceptable and a variety of presenters keeps it interesting and we get to meet new people with a diving related interest.

You can e-mail me at jnuss@hcis.net

KimLeece:
I never said anything about being stictly a rec. diver, nor strictly on a professional level. Do you not have S&R in your certifing agency? I do and expanded on it. I don't always agree with the agencies. It's usually feed the shop which I usually do not. I dove for 16 years before ever getting a certification and I'm still alive because of my common sense and quick adaptability to changing conditions I'm a natural in zero vis and with lifting techniques as well as search procedures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom