Scuba Pro Twin Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love mine. In fact got a great story about them...

Last February did a vacation to Jamaica... decided to do some diving while I was there (go figure :)). All group diving down there as you may know. First site pull up to the mooring ball and hop in. We start off over the beach flats and all of sudden run into 1.) a head first current; 2.) second dive group. Everyone kind of gets muddled up and can't really tell who is who (wasn't diving with anyone I knew). I hang back and let the groups go there seperate ways, when I realize I'm in the very back and watching what I think is my group getting further and further away. So I start kicking. I've got my head down just kicking into this current, I FLY past the first group and catch up to the other group at this time about 200 feet from where I started. All of a sudden I realize it's not my group. Turn to look and I see my DM trying to catch me. Needless to say he never did and was completely wiped by the time he got half way there. We get back on the boat, he looks at me says I've gotta get a pair of those. I let him try them on the next dive and he bought a pair that day.

Gotta love em!

How are the Twin Jets at low speed manuvers? I bought into Rodale's 02 review and bought a pair of Tusa Xpert Zooms (I had been intending on the Twin Jets). I found the Tusa's were truly terrible at low speed manuvers. They're not bad if you need some speed, but they are still not great at any kind of directional control.

Tom

I have a set that I use right now. But, in doubles I have trouble moving with them. At the suggestion of my advanced nitrox instructor, I am buying a set of Dive Rite fins as I frog kick most of the time.

A frog kick in the splits is more like a hover. They aren't well designed for a frog kick, but it can be done.

If you are doing small, tight flutter kicks they work as well or better than any other type of fin. One of my buddies uses Atomics, which are a bit stiffer for all of his diving. Maybe, I'll try them as he swears by them.

that is awesome brian. actually that was one of the things i liked was i had an easier time hovering with the split fins than i did with blades, which i know most people would not really agree but that was my experience. i was very impressed with the small flutter kicks, at how effective they were. we were going through some heavy surges and i definately saw the benefits in my air consumption. keep me posted on how the other fins work, i am still a single tank diver, just finishing my rescue course and only been diving for a month and a half so i am still curious as to what works in what situations. happy diving!!

... currently on blue twins.

no effort and I dont get the muscle burn I used to get when I cycled 15kms uphill to the squash courts

... alot easier for same effect and recommend them unless you are in the underwater olympic team and are going for the speed test.

... actually did my DM test in them despite advice otherwise and still made a top ranking and was able to walk out afterwards !!!

big blue i will probably end up with the blues, because i can't find the color that I want and i like the fin in general, i am just lookin for a particular color. that orange is so amazing looking at 115 feet.

I also dive with TwinJets and have Spring straps. I didnt make mine though, i coughed up the money,
JUST DO IT, you wont miss the money.....

I love mine... Now I know a thing or two about crappy fins since I train with them in a pool. (I am a swimmer, errrm I used to be a swimmer now I just swim... errrm I am part fish) Putting on a pair of twin jets is like slapping a rocket to your feet... these are awesome... however I can't put the word, cheep anywhere near them on any level.

scubaguy90250:
I also dive with TwinJets and have Spring straps. I didnt make mine though, i coughed up the money,
JUST DO IT, you wont miss the money.....

Scubaguy,

Did you go with the Manta Spring Straps or another brand? I'm a bit hesitant to get spring straps because I need the fins to fit over my 3mm tropic boots as well as my DUI rock boots. As of now, with the original straps from ScubaPro, they fit both.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom