Scuba Pro Twin Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have the twin speeds and my dad has the twin jets, we both got certified in june/july 2001. when we bought fins i went with the speeds and he went with the jets. we had about the same size fins so we were able to try each others fins. i thought his jets were find if there was no current and there was no need to move quickly. when we were in coz last year we had to swim to the boat, not a great distance, but enough that he realized that it was much easier with the speeds. I have now outgrown my fins and am replacing them with a larger pair, and my dad is getting my old twin speeds.

thats cool, its funny you mention current, because i have been in a really strong current with the twin jets and loved them. I have been in a moderate current with the atomics and did not like them. i have been in no current with blades and did not like them. haha anyways but that is just me, i will see if i can find a pair of twin speeds to try, but i think i am still going to go with the twin jets.

Just came back from Vanuatu where i did a combination of dives ranging from wreck to technical to really relaxed reef dives. My twins were great for the dives with limited current. On an occasion we were diving a deep wall with gutters the current had kicked up strongly and I really battled to keep up with a mate in Quatro's. My count was 4 Twin jet kicks to ever Quatro Kick. I am going to keep my twins for relaxed diving, but am looking at something else for high current dives.

NetDoc,

Could you post a picture of your setup?

thanks

NetDoc:
I made my own spring straps from 1/2" stainless steel bolts and spring stock from WWW.McMaster.com . They are awesome and cheap. I dive with either Jets or Twin Jets, and love them both.

I bought the twin jets first. When the twin speeds came out, I tried them and loved them. I soon sold my jets and bought the speeds. They are much stiffer and don't have the slots. Those slots work well with the old jet fin design, but seem to limit the effectiveness of the splits. The stiffness of the twin speeds lends itself to better frog kicks, better turns and backing up, and better current swimming. Overall, I'd rate them much higher.

Yellow Twins here....for Everything...
Volo Power for Spearfishing...Try catching a barracuda in Twins..just don't work... :wink:
and I'd like to put in one vote for the COORS TWINS too..

My two cents, GO TWIN JETS! I love mine.

I bought a black pair last week on a whim and really liked them on the couple of dives I did with them. I didn't even know they had other colors until I saw this thread!

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom