Scuba School in the Bay Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonahshark

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good weekend course in the Bay Area? My wife and I would like to get certified before a trip to Belize next month.

Thanks in advance.

If you mean a course you can complete in a weekend and be certified, I don't know any *good* ones. :shakehead

-Bill

Just the academic part, the dives are done on site. I've looked at Steele's program, but it only runs during the week in the winter and I have classes on Tues/Thurs.

I guess I'm wondering if people have any experience with Bamboo Reef or Andrea's Aquatics.

What part of the Bay Area do you live in? We'll be able to give dive shop recommendations based on that. There are plenty of good LDS in the area that offer quality instruction, with the bigger ones having more class options that can better fit your schedule.

Here's a few:

5thd-X (no storefront, but full online store and range of classes) www.5thd-x.com
Diver Dan's (Santa Clara) www.diverdans.com
CA Dive Center (San Bruno, near SFO) www.cadive.com
Wallin's Dive Center (San Carlos) www.wallins.com
Capt. Aqua's (Hayward & Dublin) www.captainaqua.com
Any Water (San Jose) www.anywater.com
Aquan Sports (San Carlos) www.aquansports.com

There are plenty more, including the ones previously mentioned by yourself and others in the thread. They run the range of organizations from PADI, SSI, NAUI, and GUE. Pick your flavor. :wink: I'm a PADI divemaster through Diver Dan's, so I can personally recommend them. I also have furthered my diving education through the folks at 5thd-x, so I can without hesitation recommend them as well.

Good luck and dive safe.

Mel

http://www.andreasaquatics.com/

They're PADI, and they have lots of classes. It seems that they do their pool time in Novato and you get a discount at the dive shop they do their classes at on equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom