scuba service recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
any recommendations on where to go to get a regulator/bc serviced for maintenance in the Pompano Beach/Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood area?

getting back into diving after a long hiatus, would like to get my equpiment checked out without by someone who is not trying to sell you new equipment.

Hi, you asked this in the South Florida Divers Scuba Club forum...I'm going to ask a moderator to move this to the general local forum where you're more likely to get replies.

My personal favorite dive shop is UnderSeas Sports in Fort Lauderdale, I trust my equipment to nobody else and they have a fast turnaround. They are NEVER hard sell. There's a reason why they are the oldest dive shop in Fort Lauderdale.

:popcorn:

Chug
Way overdue.

Thanks for the recommendations for Underseas. Dropping the reg off their later this week. Should be no problem at all.

Tell Matt, Bill and Barry that I said hi. Great shop, no pressure (except inside the tanks!)

Just had to let you guys know. If you need tank service, the last place you want to go to, this time of year is Divers Direct in Dania. I have nothing against them, but they get so swamped that it takes them 2 weeks to do a VIP. Pixie and I missed a lot of dives because of it, but you pay up front, so...whattya gonna do?

2 WEEKS!
That's crazy!
What do they charge?
Free would be too expensive.

Chug
Will not that place TOUCH his tanks.

UnderSeas Sports Fort Lauderdale has always been able to VIP my tanks while I wait. Sometimes they ask if I can come back and if I say no, they just do it.

Debby
Loyal to UnderSeas Sports for 30 years

Hi Chug,
They hit me with a 15 buck charge per tank...which really is not bad. However...the time involved is ridiculous.

I'd rebuild your gear if you were on the Treasure Coast. Less then 2 weeks for sure. Here's my bench today

Attachments

• 44507_150514861633415_100000247052741_378908_7214602_n.jpg
    44507_150514861633415_100000247052741_378908_7214602_n.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom