Scuba shop “explosion” Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If picture and text of the article are to be believed, "explosion" might be pretty correct. The text stares that it was a deco cylinder and the picture seems to depict a fireball. Given that windows were blown out, it seems to be more than just an O2-rich "fire".

ETA: Ignore this analysis I'm both "seeing" and not seeing things ...

The fireball video I saw was of 2 people torching a stolen car and it fireballed in there face. Don't know why that was embedded in the middle of a scuba shop article?

If picture and text of the article are to be believed, "explosion" might be pretty correct. The text stares that it was a deco cylinder and the picture seems to depict a fireball. Given that windows were blown out, it seems to be more than just an O2-rich "fire".
To be pedantic the article says “compression bottle”, but news.com.au has never been famous for accurate reporting.
The local paper in Geelong may have more information but it is behind a paywall when I try to access it
it might work outside Australia

To be pedantic the article says “compression bottle”, but news.com.au has never been famous for accurate reporting.
The local paper in Geelong may have more information but it is behind a paywall when I try to access it
Nope, we gotta pay, too.

OK, you are correct, I guess I was reading with contextual prejudice ...

The fireball video I saw was of 2 people torching a stolen car and it fireballed in there face. Don't know why that was embedded in the middle of a scuba shop article?
For whatever reason it does not show as a video for me, but a static image. When I first saw it I couldn't make out much of anything but the fireball, but with the foreknowledge of the content, I do see the car elements.

That Murdoch news rags likes to put random videos that have nothing to do with the article. I assume to drive advertising revenue. They seem to be "tag" matched, so they'll show any random video of an explosion in this example.

That Murdoch news rags
Says it all, would not even use it on the bottom of a bird cage, well, birds crapping on it works for me.
Is it the truth, or did you read it in this 'rag'?

Sometimes a 10 foot high paywall needs a 12 ft ladder.

Jus sayin

12ft.io

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom