Scuba Tools H.P. Manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
garywong007

garywong007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am planning to start a small repair and service workshop and one of the equipment I plan to get is the H.P. Manager from Scuba Tools. Its website describes its features and functions but did not give any information on how it is set up - in particular the air supply required except mentioning that "....the 1/4" NPTF input port is located on the left side of the regulator and can be connected directly to a high pressure supply line...". Appreciate if someone could tell me what exactly does that "high pressure supply line" mean? How high a pressure is required to operate this HP Manager.

Thanks.

It will only supply a maximum of what you feed it, and allow you to also have a reduced pressure (like where diaphragm regulators should have IP set with the bottom end of pressure supply).

It will only supply a maximum of what you feed it, and allow you to also have a reduced pressure (like where diaphragm regulators should have IP set with the bottom end of pressure supply).
I see.... Looks like have no choice but to install a proper high pressure air system in the workshop...

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Cheers

I've been buying one of these for 25 years I suppose because I find valves more critical than regs

But I have not bought one of them yet

and when I do regs I tighten the screw until the air stops, no need for fancy stuff, perfectly tuned

IP don't check it do not do it don't care

An Inch of water WHATTHEHECK is that

and then there is torque, ha ha ha ha ha

it's all BS designed to suck out your cash

He makes some interesting stuff... I have a repackable filter body from him.

The last five years I was working with this 'H.P. Manager' I put together myself ( and four 20l tanks), and it worked very well, but I'm working everyday on regs, so I got me recently the Scubtools H.P. Manager.
It's more comfortable and I have now a spare just in case........

Attachments

• P1060571.JPG
    P1060571.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 48
The last five years I was working with this 'H.P. Manager' I put together myself ( and four 20l tanks), and it worked very well, but I'm working everyday on regs, so I got me recently the Scubtools H.P. Manager.
It's more comfortable and I have now a spare just in case........
Nice setup… What I’ve being doing (I don’t work on many regs mainly my own) is to shutoff the tank and purge down to say 300psi then check cracking effort with my vac pump. I’ve compared to a 300 psi tank, seems to work pretty good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom