Scuba Tools H.P. Manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
garywong007

garywong007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am planning to start a small repair and service workshop and one of the equipment I plan to get is the H.P. Manager from Scuba Tools. Its website describes its features and functions but did not give any information on how it is set up - in particular the air supply required except mentioning that "....the 1/4" NPTF input port is located on the left side of the regulator and can be connected directly to a high pressure supply line...". Appreciate if someone could tell me what exactly does that "high pressure supply line" mean? How high a pressure is required to operate this HP Manager.

Thanks.

I have a lot of taps and drills just for Scuba. I have taps for both styles of tanks, the straight pipe taps for HP and LP ports, and a bottom tap for DIN.

I don't have a press.....
I do, but I hand drilled and tapped the valve. The initial cut through the thin chrome is not that hard. Then it's all brass and one of the easiest metals to cut. Go slow and use lubricant.

As an aside, I have less than $100 in it.

On thinking back, because I made this 10 years ago, I'm pretty sure I used a drill press on the 3"x6"x0.375" brass plate. It's a big drill for the valve. I did tap the plate for the tank valve, and used the cut off top of a bad aluminum tank as a jamb nut. But for the valve, it was free hand.

I didn't watch the video but here's how I do it...

Mount in a vice, if possible. Hold in your hand, if not.
Remove the dip tube.
Put the drill bit into the hole.
Drill slow and the bit will follow the hole.
No need to go deeper than an inch.
Add lube to the tap. Dish soap will work in a pinch.
With steady pressure, push and twist the tap in a CW fashion.
Try to keep it straight.
Ater each rotation, turn the tap back until you hear the chip crack (usually a 1/3 to a 1/2 CCW).
Stop after about 3/4".​

If I can do it, anyone can.

Actually, I sourced mine from here:

$200 less...
Thank you and I will take a look there. I suppose it is the same quality and spec as the one from Scubatools. I have ordered a few things from Scuba Clinic and since it is located in Thailand, the delivery time is much faster and the freight cheaper (I am in Hong Kong)

It wants to be connected to your Scuba Compressor or a tank. So, 3,000 to 3,500psi is in order.
Thank you Chairman. Are you saying the HP Manager can be operated out of a scuba tank? But what if the scuba tank has only say, 1500 psi, how could the HP Manager bring it up to 3000 psi (or any pressure level higher than 1500psi)?

Call Bruce…

Kevin,

Most people use our low pressure hose kit LP Hose Kit. I has a fitting that screws directly into a low pressure port of any 1rst stage regulator. Or we have a low pressure reducing regulator 0-400 psi Reducing Regulator If you would like to supply the air from your air bank system.

A small compressor most likely will not provide enough CFM flow.

Thanks

Bruce Howe

Scuba Tools Inc.

1018 Lashley Rd.

Greensboro N.C. 27455

(336)643-2599

(Fax) (336)6432799
Thank you! Already wrote to ScubaTools.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom