Scuba tv show...........are there any......???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubarn0203

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a tv show on that focuses on scuba diving???? I have Satellite tv,if thats helps.Any info would be appreciated............TY

There are a few
Deep Sea Detectives usually has a fair bit of diving (History Channel)
Mysteries of the Deep occasionally has some in it (National Geographic Channel)
And you can watch Diving Passport on the net http://www.divingpassport.com/index-i.htm ESPN apparently do not find their US audience worthy of the show

If you get a channel called NESN (New England Sports Network), they have a show called Divers Down. It's pretty good, but there haven't been any new shows for a while.

Another one to add to the list is:Seahunters-a canadian show featuring Clive Cussler, James Delgado, and Mike Fletcher, the show examines shipwrecks all over the world, with a bit of history then usually a dive on the featured wreck.
They have some interesting episodes: diving the German V2 missle launch silos, and a sub found after that horrible passenger plane crash off Peggys cove in Nova Scotia a few years ago , they have a website showing episodes.
I catch it on the "History channel" in Canada

Deep Sea Detectives (see post above) on the History Channel is pretty good stuff. It's not on all that often, but you can sign up for an e-mail alert for upcoming shows. The "host" of the Deep Sea Detectives is John Chatterton, who identified the German U-Boat "U-Who" off the coast of New Jersey in the late 1990's. This is chronicled in the very interesting book, "Shadow Divers".

Come to think of it, are there any scuba games for Windows or consoles (PS2)? Something suitable for small kids?

DarkCold:
Come to think of it, are there any scuba games for Windows or consoles (PS2)? Something suitable for small kids?

Hi DarkCold
Not trying to sound rude but you might want to say hi and introduce yourself before you hijack someone’s thread(maybe start a new one) :wink:

Oops, my apology. I came across this board as I was searching for something that could entertain my scuba diving obsessed kids. They will still have to wait a while before they can really get their own wetsuit.
I will behave now :wink:
Suggestions on TV shows are welcome too to keep this on topic, or any good DVDs...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom