SCUBA TV Shows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep Sea Detectives - History Channel

Hosted by John Chatterton and Richie Kohler. These are the guys that discovered the WWII U-Boat off New Jersey, and are the subject of several books including Shadow Divers and The Last Dive.

Dennis

I really like some of the episodes of the Deep Sea Dectives, (like what Lotsofgadgets said). They come on typically on monday nights, but I'm not sure as I never watch them live and I juet let TIVO record them all and watch them later.

The only other "dedicated" scuba diving how was 2 or 3 years ago when Rodales had a show called "Scuba diving" on one of the outdoor networks (Outdoor Life Network, etc) on Saturdays around 1:30pmCST. It wasn't great and went over the same places they touted in their magazine but only in video format. It seemed like a low budget home video camera operation also, but at least it "was" a scuba show, so I tried to watch it. They only did maybe 8 to 12 shows and it disappeared. I wrote the magazine (back then) and asked what happened to it. They replied saying that it just didn't work out for several reasons. I personally don't think anytone new about it as I never saw it promoted much anywhere (especially in their magazine) and ran across it only by accident myself while flipping the channels. Only reason I'm telling you about it is that maybe you can find some re-runs of it somewhere. (but it's definately not good enough to actually purchase a DVD of it or anything).

mike

You probably won't be able to get it, but up here in New England, we have Divers Down, which really does a good job of highlighting local diving around the region, as well as traveling and diving in general. It's been on TV for almost 20 years now, do they must be doing something right!

gfisher4792:
You probably won't be able to get it, but up here in New England, we have Divers Down, which really does a good job of highlighting local diving around the region, as well as traveling and diving in general. It's been on TV for almost 20 years now, do they must be doing something right!

He may be able to get it if he has Directv and their sports package - it includes NESN which shows Divers Down a couple of times a week. Even my non-diving partner likes DD.

Jackie

national geographic has a cool show called mysteries of the deep. usually involves scuba. one time they were showing divers on the brittanic.. 400 ft deep.

Why, no question about it... "Dive Dry with Dr. Bill," available weekdays at 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM on Cannel 49 of Catalina Cable TV. A fantastic show featuring diving from local waters, as well as international. And the host is a real diving hunk ladies!

Dr. Bill (himself, unbiased of course)

Oh, Dr. Bill you are SOOO Modest.
If only I had met you when I was living in Monterey and wild and single!!! :(

Oooooohhhhh Nooooooooooooooooooo .. . . !!!
It's Dr. Bill, Sluggo and Mr. Hand . . . . !!!

Oooooohhhhh Noooooooo . . . , Dr. Bill !!!!

Hoyden:
He may be able to get it if he has Directv and their sports package - it includes NESN which shows Divers Down a couple of times a week. Even my non-diving partner likes DD.

Jackie

Ooh, good point. And as a bonus, you can catch all the Red Sox games! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom