Scubaboard author gets noticed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tech_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Everybody!

A few of you out there have read my novel, The Lone Star Used Submarine Company. (link in sig line)

I got word this weekend that it made it to the semifinals of the Clive Cussler Society's Adventure Writer's competition. It is one of eleven semifinalist and on September 1st they narrow it down to three finalists.

the Clive Cussler Collector's Society's Adventure Writer's Competition news and information! - Home

Thanks to all those who supported me!

Congrats Jack! I didn't know about you being in the running but I did buy the book and enjoyed it! Thanks for all the help with mine as well. You all may not know this but the OP designed the cover for the 2nd edition of my book and guided me through the process of publishing on create space as well as formatting it for that.

Congratulations!

Good luck !

FYI I have known Clive for many years, we chat on occasion...I was unaware that he was running this contest ...what a great idea !

Clive caries an LA co County UW certification card signed by the late Ron Merker and a NAUI certification card signed by me.

I have about a dozen if his books inscribed to me
Merker and I appeared in Raise the Titanic as "SAM MERKER"
I appeared in many of his books as Sam, Sam Triad (sam 111) Sam Quade (Sam Q was what he called e) Sam Mittler and in Sahara finally as Doc Miller --who gets shot between the eyes with a 45

My how time fly's and some diving buddies become world famous --Clive is certainly deserving of all his honors, alidades and $$$$$$

The days of our dives..

I wish you the same success in you writings

(Dr.) Sam Miller,111

IF you by chance have the opportunity to meet Clive indicate that you understand he was at one time known as "Horace....." He will know where it came from...Since he and I are the last of the tribe with out mud in our faces...sdm

Wow! Thanks everyone for the kind words! Being an aspiring writer is tough and I've been aspiring for a long time, it's great to hear good stuff from everyone.

Sam Miller: I always enjoy your posts on dive history. It's a comfort to know that their is a keeper of the archives for these modern young whippersnappers who've never seen a J valve. :)

I'm not sure how directly involved Clive Cussler is in this contest. It's the 'Clive Cussler Society' so it's a lot of his fans. I think he may be at their gathering in Vegas where the winner will be announced.

Thanks Again Everyone!

Back
Top Bottom