Scubaboard copyright violation!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver steve,

Check back further. I sent a contact email on Wednesday and a second one yesterday. The message this morning was my third attempt at getting some action.

It's not about generating income in most cases, it's about simple courtesy.

Point well taken.

ScubaBoard support was away last week. Any emails that were sent to support@scubaboard were not answered. NetDoc is currently on his way back to the US and will probably respond to your claim personally in the next few days via email.

The short version of why is. NetDoc was helping me move a boat from the USA to Dominican Republic. We didn't have internet. It was 7 days at sea.

Your claim will be reviewed by the necessary parties shortly. Until then, I can't make any official statement on behalf of scubaboard, as I am only a volunteer for the site, as are the other moderators. All of the "staff" members of ScubaBoard are in fact volunteers, and not legally agents of the company. Nobody other than NetDoc can make an official statement on behalf of ScubaBoard involving legal matters.

Until that time, I would ask that you consider your complaint noted, and that the appropriate person will address you as soon as possible.

LOL!! Look at the above image again, and the one on your site. Not even close. Different position, different fins, and your photo is way darker than the one above!!! It must have been someone else diving at the same place, imagine that!!

Here: we can play spot the differences. Or the similarities, if that'd be quicker :wink:

pyramid.jpg

With complete credit to the dude above at his site listed above :D

Never mind, similar thing happened to e once. Took a photo sat on those loos at Ras Katy. Wouldn't ya know it, a few years later, a customer walks into shop with holiday photos and he's striking the exact same pose. Huh. Fancy that. And I thought I had the wildest imagination around.

Brules,

A photograph is copyrighted the moment it is taken. Registration with the copyright office is not required, nor is any kind of marking (c) etc.

Scubaboard is using one of my images without permission. Repeated emails have been ignored. This is not acceptable.

The image is part of a header for "dive into Cozumel." It shows my wife next to the sunken pyramid in front of Hotel Cozumel.

If scubaboard will send me a billing address, I will send them an invoice.

James Lyle

Quit ur crying... Its not like your wife is nude in the photo. Besides SB didnt create it, your beef if any would be with the people who placed the ad...

Agree that a photograph is instantly copyrighted the moment it's taken & many cameras (all of mine) can also add the owners info into the EXIF file. Many on line album sites also have blocks in place that prevent downloads for re use, while others don't & some force uploaders to agree to give away the rights to any photos uploaded to their site either to free them from having to protect them, or because they might use it or sell it's use. Those sites hide the info in the user agreement which many skip, or scan quickly but do click the "I AGREE" box. The long & the short of it is that once it's on the net there are ways to copy it, and either re use it or claim it's yours etc. For those who want the most protection possible they watermark their photos right in the important area of each specific photo before uploading. Very distracting, but effective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom