ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2014 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much does it cost for the shark dive? Will we be missing a regular dive to do this?

Cost is something I am still working on.
Remember we all get a 50.00 activity credit and the shark dive is something you can use it for.

Yes you will be missing a regular scheduled dive since Waihuka Adventure Diving runs this not Anthony's key
6 days a week 3 times I believe ( 9,11:30,2 ) is their schedule

Last edited:
Nice! Hope it works out for you....now you've got me thinking about picking up a strobe before this trip...:coffee:

So far it fires every time and preflashes too! We're headed to Belize next month so I can give a review.

Are you using a housing that is hardwired?

Here's a few shots we dug up from our first shark dive during a 2008 trip.
I certainly hope I do better this time around.

shark-9.jpg

shark-10.jpg
shark-1010059.jpg
shark-1.jpg

The guy that does the Shark Dive gives a kick ass pre-dive briefing.

Oh, and Marvin isn't the only DM that does a great job. Allson is another, I am sure they are all good. AKR is a very well run place. Mandy will make sure you are taken care of.

Be sure to pick up some hot sauce, One of the waiters makes some hot sauce that is outrageously good. He takes orders and delivers it on Thursday's if I remember correctly.

Damn, it is getting tough on me not getting to make the trip.

Or both?

Cindy won't do the shark dive, but she may do this. I, of course, would love to do both.

Or both?

Cindy won't do the shark dive, but she may do this. I, of course, would love to do both.

I have dove the shark dive twice before and it's amazing, but I am so looking forward to diving with the dolphins. I have never even been lucky enough to see one go by when I was underwater. So I'm gonna sign me up for both too! :D

Hi everybody! You can see images from the shark dive in this video, hope you guys like it.

[video=vimeo;25953378]https://vimeo.com/25953378[/video]

Last edited:
So far it fires every time and preflashes too! We're headed to Belize next month so I can give a review.

Are you using a housing that is hardwired?

The housing has fiber optic slots for a strobe. I'm a complete newb at this, so I've got a lot of learning to do. So by April I might be able to remember to take the lens cap off before putting the camera in the housing... It's been a long time since I've taken photos underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom