ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2015 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't go in December. We're visiting London then. It will be fun, but not as much fun as Coz.

We're thinking of a December trip (an early Christmas present if you will) just to experience the joy of a 2 hour wait in the incredibly efficient Cozumel immigration lines.

And when I say "we're thinking" I actually mean I've started making bookings but haven't quite got my significant other completely convinced. :D

oooh gawd, are you serious about the immigration? i absolutely detest having to wait in any line...can i bribe them? lol

oooh gawd, are you serious about the immigration? i absolutely detest having to wait in any line...can i bribe them? lol

Sad but true....immigration at Coz is typically an exercise in patience. This is mainly because 4 or 5 planes all arrive within about 45 minutes of each other. If you're on the first one, I'm guessing it ain't too bad. Wouldn't really know....never been lucky enough to be at the front of the queue.

CZM is all over the place in terms of getting through arrivals. I arrived once near Christmas when I'd expected to go to the house and change then head back to the airport to pick up my brother and his family who were due to land 2 1/2 hours later. I was still not very far up the line when they arrived.

A couple of weeks ago I swear it was about 5 minutes from the time I got to the bottom of the aircraft stairs until I was out front heading for the car and insisting I didn't need van tickets, and that was WITH having had a red light. Part of that was because literally everyone in front of me had filled out their immigration forms incorrectly or incompletely and had been pulled aside, but mostly it was because I was on the first arriving flight of the afternoon so there was nobody ahead of us and because I had no luggage to wait for. It was likely not seasonal since despite the fact it was mid-July the flight was completely full.

Arrivals at Cancun has always been pretty brisk for me - 10 to 15 minutes in line typically. I'm sure it's not always like that, but I've lucked out for a few years.

We're thinking of a December trip (an early Christmas present if you will) just to experience the joy of a 2 hour wait in the incredibly efficient Cozumel immigration lines.

And when I say "we're thinking" I actually mean I've started making bookings but haven't quite got my significant other completely convinced. :D

When are you thinking? We're kicking around the idea of a family vacation.

If you fly business class, at least you'll be off of your own plane first.

If you fly business class, at least you'll be off of your own plane first.

Jody,
That doesn't always work in Coz. I have been one of the first off, right through immigration, and one of the last to get bags! You know Coz and their wonderful "automated" baggage unloading system!:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom