ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2016 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven't read every post, forgive me if this has been covered. Just wondering if we would be able to use our rebreathers, and also the policy on solo diving, with valid certifications for both.

With my wife being from Cebu, and having a 6 year old that would be able to visit grandma and aunts and uncles, this is something we might think about pumping some coins in the piggy bank for.

Thanks!

Ok so lets see here. It will take me 108 hours of vacation time. I may be able to rearrange 24 of those hours but definitely would have to travel early that friday to get to SFO from BWI for a 10:30 pm departure Friday night to arrive 4 am MNL on Sat. morning? Is that the flight everyone would take that goes through SFO? My dates are correct right? Would our departure date home be Saturday morning July 2nd? And would that make my arrival home most likely Sunday evening right? gain time going - lose time returning? Hmmmm.

Anyone need a room mate? ;-) EOR(Equal Opportunity Roommate) non-smoking, non-snoring!

myra

nope, the other way

---------- Post added June 23rd, 2014 at 11:01 AM ----------

The hardest part of this Invasion is the WAIT! 729 days.
OMG everytime I mention this trip to someone who has been to Atlantis, they can't stop gushing about it. So far I've heard repeatedly that the food is the best anywhere, the diving is spectacular, the resort is top notch, the folks at the resort are great. Not a single bad comment, except that re-entry to real life afterwards is a huge let down.

our LDS is going in February next year, unfortunately the dates are no good for us, but we had the benefit of a rep from Atlantis doing a presentation in the LDS, i can assure you is really as good as everyone says :D

Ok so lets see here. It will take me 108 hours of vacation time. I may be able to rearrange 24 of those hours but definitely would have to travel early that friday to get to SFO from BWI for a 10:30 pm departure Friday night to arrive 4 am MNL on Sat. morning? Is that the flight everyone would take that goes through SFO? My dates are correct right? Would our departure date home be Saturday morning July 2nd? And would that make my arrival home most likely Sunday evening right? gain time going - lose time returning? Hmmmm.

Anyone need a room mate? ;-) EOR(Equal Opportunity Roommate) non-smoking, non-snoring!

myra

Hey Myra, my local roomie has backed out... gee, apparently I am now DOWN TWO FOR TWO for men whose girlfriends or wives won't let them go on a freaking dive holiday with me? WTF. Anyway, YES I AM LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE - male or female, I don't care. And if I have a boyfriend or husband at the time two years from now, I don't freaking care and neither should he because that's what partners do - they trust each other.

'Nuff said... Myra, you want to room together? Or anyone else want a roomie, let me know.

EDIT: Roomie found - Bob Bailey aka NWGratefulDiver, local friend and dive buddy, has committed thankfully to being my roomie and dive buddy!!! Yahoooo!!!!

Last edited:
Haven't read every post, forgive me if this has been covered. Just wondering if we would be able to use our rebreathers, and also the policy on solo diving, with valid certifications for both.

With my wife being from Cebu, and having a 6 year old that would be able to visit grandma and aunts and uncles, this is something we might think about pumping some coins in the piggy bank for.

Thanks!

We will not have a rebreather option for this event. As for solo diving, each group will have a DM in the water for all boat dives. We do have shore diving in Dumagete. Solo diving for those certified will be allowed there on shore dives. I do hope you understand our position on rebreathers since this is DIVING/SOCIAL event. The resort does allow for rebreathers on both their land resorts & liveaboard and I would be happy to forward their policy if you want to plan a trip another time.

I hope, up to 5 dives a day will give you enough bottom time to make this event.

I'm in ... I think that will make it 11 years since my last ScubaBoard invasion ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Looking forward to meeting you, Bob

Bob that's awesome! Can't wait to finally meet you (that is if you don't make it to the Keys before then...2 yrs is a long time IJS)

Bob that's awesome! Can't wait to finally meet you (that is if you don't make it to the Keys before then...2 yrs is a long time IJS)

Can't wait to meet you too Elena ... my friends Jim and Janet think very highly of you.

I have trips to the Red Sea (Sept/Oct 2014) and Fiji (May 2015) already planned, and I have to squeeze a trip to Nepal in there somewhere. So I doubt I'll be able to make it to Florida. One of the reasons I haven't been able to make these Invasions is they always seem to happen around the same time as other trips I had already booked. Two years is a good lead time for me ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom