ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2016 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The hardest part of this Invasion is the WAIT! 729 days.
OMG everytime I mention this trip to someone who has been to Atlantis, they can't stop gushing about it. So far I've heard repeatedly that the food is the best anywhere, the diving is spectacular, the resort is top notch, the folks at the resort are great. Not a single bad comment, except that re-entry to real life afterwards is a huge let down.

WOW!! What beautiful and colorful creatures! Will definitely have to upgrade camera equipment:). When will we start the Reef fish ID for the Philippines????

We are quiet because there are 729 days till the Philippines Invasion and NO daily video:cheerleader::cheerleader::rofl3:

For those of you thinking about the post Invasion Liveaboard, Atlantis posted this today:
[video=youtube;Ketmwd3D-mE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ketmwd3D-mE&feature=share[/video]

Ok so lets see here. It will take me 108 hours of vacation time. I may be able to rearrange 24 of those hours but definitely would have to travel early that friday to get to SFO from BWI for a 10:30 pm departure Friday night to arrive 4 am MNL on Sat. morning? Is that the flight everyone would take that goes through SFO? My dates are correct right? Would our departure date home be Saturday morning July 2nd? And would that make my arrival home most likely Sunday evening right? gain time going - lose time returning? Hmmmm.

Anyone need a room mate? ;-) EOR(Equal Opportunity Roommate) non-smoking, non-snoring!

myra

Ok so lets see here. It will take me 108 hours of vacation time. I may be able to rearrange 24 of those hours but definitely would have to travel early that friday to get to SFO from BWI for a 10:30 pm departure Friday night to arrive 4 am MNL on Sat. morning? Is that the flight everyone would take that goes through SFO? My dates are correct right? Would our departure date home be Saturday morning July 2nd? And would that make my arrival home most likely Sunday evening right? gain time going - lose time returning? Hmmmm.

Anyone need a room mate? ;-) EOR(Equal Opportunity Roommate) non-smoking, non-snoring!

myra

I think Jody was in search of a roommate, you may want to check with her.

myra

Myra,

It looks like a Thursday late night departure from SFO to arrive at MNL early Saturday AM, you jump forward a day going and back a day flying back to the USA.

Using made up days in August this year...Th, Fri, Sat are going to be the same regardless of when.
Departs
San Francisco (SFO), San Francisco International Airport, United States of America
Thu, Aug 14 2014
22:35
Terminal: INTERNATIONAL T

Arrives
Manila (MNL), Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines
Sat, Aug 16 2014
04:00
Terminal: TERMINAL 2

Basically, Friday vanishes on the way east :)

Hope that helps,
James

Back
Top Bottom