ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2021 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a reason that you don't just fly back and forth from Belize International or fly from BZE to Ambergris and then fly back to the Belize City Municipal airport with a short taxi ride to Best Western for your pickup?
Doesn't look like AA flies to Ambergris. I'm using points. And this isn't until January, I'm sure I'll make a million changes before then. I'm in the fetal planning stages. :)

There's nothing quite like the window seat on the right hand side of the puddle jumper on your way to Ambergris Caye, sigh.
My dad had planes when was a kid, they aren't such a treat. I'd rather have the boat ride, i sure do miss my boats. Not to mention the price difference. I retired at 55 and I enjoy life by spending money on stuff that counts (like this trip) and being frugal where I don't care (water taxi vs. plane ride)

Doesn't look like AA flies to Ambergris. I'm using points. And this isn't until January, I'm sure I'll make a million changes before then. I'm in the fetal planning stages. :)

Tropic Air and Maya Air. I'm afraid that you will have to use cash or CC, just like for your hotels and the water taxi.

Tropic Air and Maya Air. I'm afraid that you will have to use cash or CC, just like for your hotels and the water taxi.
See reply above. :D

My dad had planes when was a kid, they aren't such a treat. I'd rather have the boat ride, i sure do miss my boats. Not to mention the price difference. I retired at 55 and I enjoy life by spending money on stuff that counts (like this trip) and being frugal where I don't care (water taxi vs. plane ride)

The problem with the ferries nowadays, unless they've been updated in last couple of years, is that they are enclosed. Back in the day, you could get a sunburn with the wind tangling your hair, on the water taxi but nowadays they're a bit like a lunch box. :(

OK, if you get this one, it could be quite a nice trip
Screenshot_20200527-224528_Tripadvisor.jpg

But if this is the boat that services your trip that day, well . . .
Screenshot_20200527-224918_Google.jpg

In any event, it's early yet. Who knows what companies will still be in business by then. We can only give you info based on what we know today. Or in my case, what I knew 2 years ago.

If I'm hearing you correctly, you aren't going to want to stay at Sunbreeze and definitely not at Ramon's.

I am being repetitive, but there's this. "I retired at 55 and I enjoy life by spending money on stuff that counts (like this trip) and being frugal where I don't care (water taxi vs. plane ride)"

And I'm nowhere near booking lodging yet, but open to suggestions. I know nothing about Sunbreeze or Ramon's, i want to stay at places where the dive boats can pick me up easily.

I am being repetitive, but there's this. "I retired at 55 and I enjoy life by spending money on stuff that counts (like this trip) and being frugal where I don't care (water taxi vs. plane ride)"

And I'm nowhere near booking lodging yet, but open to suggestions. I know nothing about Sunbreeze or Ramon's, i want to stay at places where the dive boats can pick me up easily.

1) Sunbreeze $$$ Ramon's $$$$

2) there's not a place on Ambergris Caye in San Pedro Town, that is a problem for pickup by any operator

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom