ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2021 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually my mind is on my new toy that I pick up on Tuesday. I got cabin fever (motorhome fever?) and since my summer journey to FL was cancelled, I decided to treat myself. My main car is a reliable but boring Honda CR-V. I can't wait to start driving the SoCal mountain twisties! https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1378495

I am being repetitive, but there's this. "I retired at 55 and I enjoy life by spending money on stuff that counts (like this trip) and being frugal where I don't care (water taxi vs. plane ride)"

And I'm nowhere near booking lodging yet, but open to suggestions. I know nothing about Sunbreeze or Ramon's, i want to stay at places where the dive boats can pick me up easily.

No, I heard that loud and clear. The Ministryofgiraffes may not have heard you yet.

But here's another thing that you need to know for your decision making process and it is not going to change.

The BZE International airport is not in/at Belize City where the water taxi pier is located.

The BZE is at Ladyville. You'll need to take a car taxi to the pier, which is expensive when you're on your own.

(Oh, and I've been semi retired since 48 or so, and fully retired at 58, so ya, I hear you sistah, loud and clear)

OK, good stuff to consider in January, thanks!

Actually my mind is on my new toy that I pick up on Tuesday. I got cabin fever (motorhome fever?) and since my summer journey to FL was cancelled, I decided to treat myself. My main car is a reliable but boring Honda CR-V. I can't wait to start driving the SoCal mountain twisties! https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1378495

Suuhweeet!

I'm more of a fly by the seat of my pants person, the only thing I'm trying to tie down now are my flight days; if I book before May 31 I have no change fees. Thinking of arriving Tuesday, can dive Weds/Thur/Fri.

I'm more of a fly by the seat of my pants person, the only thing I'm trying to tie down now are my flight days; if I book before May 31 I have no change fees. Thinking of arriving Tuesday, can dive Weds/Thur/Fri.

Good then!

So, 3 days of 2 tank dives for only $200? That's a good deal, cheaper than the Keys. Scuba Dive Packages - Belize Pro Dive Center

Yes, price is decent. And the guys may have offers if you ping them directly. Understand the ‘don’t want to fly’ bit. The boat of fine, but you have to remember to add $10 USD each way for the cab to get you from. Belize airport to the ferry point. If you get an older ‘ferry’ it’s a great weight loss technique as well...it can get very hot in there and there is no sitting outside....

somewhat respectfully disagree with chilly’s ‘$’ assessment for sun breeze etc. My grading of $$$$ would be something more around belizian cove estates etc. (Tripadvisor etc grade them both as ‘$$’ on their scale as an average for ambergris caye) I’ve stayed at Ramon’s for $110 USD a night, although around $230 USDis more likely. Depends if you want a pool/nice bar etc or more a case of a room and a bed and you don’t mind creepy crawlers.. if you don’t care about pool/food etc (plenty of great places to eat in town) then you can save $50 bucks a night and rough it. .anything on the waterfront will have free pickup at the hotel’s dock...The belizian pro dive guys pickup as far north as belizian cove estates with no complaints.

Disclaimer : all my prices are in CAD unless USD stated.

Thanks, saving all of this for later in the year. My short term goal was deciding how many days early to make my plane reservations (which I need to do in the next two days). Sounds like arriving Tuesday would be the best bet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom