ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like all 3 room types have A/C. Probably a consideration in Honduras in June. The first 2 look similar in size and features but are either on the hillside or the "key" (waterfront). The 3rd one is on the key and bigger.

Question for people who have been there before, considering where these bungalow locations are relative to where we would go for boat dives or shore dives and the dive shop, can you speak to this? It looks like the key locations require a water taxi to go back and forth to the main island?

I'm not seriously handicapped but I am a disabled veteran with some knee and ankle issues so trying to get a feel for ease of access to and from wherever I go.
All room at Anthony Key have AC
About 30 seconds into this video you will see the water taxi that shuttles guest day and night back and forth. They also shuttle your luggage for you.
It is an easy transfer IMO, watch the video and judge your self.

At the bottom of this page link is a map of the resort lay out and of the back of the map is the Legend key with descriptions.

PS. Yes we will be offering the Shark Dive excursion during the Invasion just did not include it in the package.

Requiring covid vax again even though it did not mitigate folks from contracting and infecting others in cozumel? I get it, it makes everything look better but even our great leader with 2 or 3 boosters got covid twice in the last 3 weeks. I was hoping to attend with my wife this year but that looks to be a no go again...

Requiring covid vax again even though it did not mitigate folks from contracting and infecting others in cozumel? I get it, it makes everything look better but even our great leader with 2 or 3 boosters got covid twice in the last 3 weeks. I was hoping to attend with my wife this year but that looks to be a no go again...
What do you not get? It lowers severe disease, hospitalization, ICU care and death. The boosters that will be available in Sept will have increased activity against current variants. Rebound infection after Paxlovid is well described. Folks in Roatan will not miss you.

Your choice Happy Diving

What do you not get? It lowers severe disease, hospitalization, ICU care and death. The boosters that will be available in Sept will have increased activity against current variants. Rebound infection after Paxlovid is well described. Folks in Roatan will not miss you.
To mandate anything for an individual's potential wellbeing is idiotic. If you're healthy you won't be hospitalized. Especially with the lessening harshness of this sickness. It has a higher transmission rate and a far lower severity. I've had it this year and it was uncomfortable with no vaccines. So I ask you, what do you not get? A virus like this exists to replicate and it can not do that by killing the host. The less severe strains that jump hosts faster and with less notice are and to live on. Basic science friend. Next you'll say we all need monkey pox vaccines even though we're not participating in the very specific activities that promote transmission in a very tiny population. I hope you don't get upset like this underwater. Lots of wasted air with that much stress and undue anger. Blow bubbles and have fun.

Does this mean the "splash ad" at the top of the scubaboard page will start advertising the 2023 invasion? A month after and we're still seeing 2022. :D

Does this mean the "splash ad" at the top of the scubaboard page will start advertising the 2023 invasion? A month after and we're still seeing 2022. :D
Yes, I'm currently working in the new banner. We've been putting all the pieces into place for the event.

Looks like all 3 room types have A/C. Probably a consideration in Honduras in June. The first 2 look similar in size and features but are either on the hillside or the "key" (waterfront). The 3rd one is on the key and bigger.

Question for people who have been there before, considering where these bungalow locations are relative to where we would go for boat dives or shore dives and the dive shop, can you speak to this? It looks like the key locations require a water taxi to go back and forth to the main island?

I'm not seriously handicapped but I am a disabled veteran with some knee and ankle issues so trying to get a feel for ease of access to and from wherever I go.
The hill rooms require a short boat ride to the dive dock locations. The hill rooms also have ALOT of steps so key room probably best suits you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom