ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2024 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless the powers that be have changed their attitude, we can fit a bunch of divers and tanks in the typical 4 door rental trucks.
Note: my advice is do NOT accept any "upgrades" to other vehicles for Bonaire shore diving. The small Japanese beater, 4 door pickup trucks are THE perfect vehicle for this job! They can accomodate 4 to 6 divers, gear and tanks, for a couple of dives.
Thanks for the info, Jim. Great advice and will certainly keep it in mind.

So happy to be joining another great Invasion! Found GREAT roundrip flights from Harrisburg - 8 hours total time, including a two-hour Atlanta layover each way; going to wait a bit to book to see if there will be a price drop.

Roatan already seems like a distant memory (my dad's death two days after getting back cemented that). I need another dive trip before next June!
We will be flying from Atlanta.

For those who’ve done the EWR-BON trip, what kinda pricing is the ‘as low as it’ll likely get’ in your experience? First time to the island so no idea what is a good price vs one that has room to drop. TIA!

UNITED DC-BON: $724 + seat assignment in basic economy. $813 + seat assignment in Economy Plus
Can't wait to be selected
Given the pricing trends since Covid, we have found shopping for United Air tix difficult.
With the Roatan trip, we regretted not purchasing our flights early on, because the fares went way up soon after we committed to the SB Roata Invasion.
For this reason we booked the UA EWR-BON tix yesterday, as soon as the crew list posted.
We've seen EWR-BON for less, over the years, but not in some time, and we decided not to risk fares jumping much higher, which we expect air fares to do when more folks start to really shop for 2024 flights.
Is it almost June yet? Are we there yet?

The final 2 Crew Members have been added to the Crew List
CREW LIST
We now have a Waiting list.
I encourage anyone wanting to attend to contact Bay Adventures
If there is enough interest we will explore having the
resort bringing in another boat for us.

Given the pricing trends since Covid, we have found shopping for United Air tix difficult.
With the Roatan trip, we regretted not purchasing our flights early on, because the fares went way up soon after we committed to the SB Roata Invasion.
For this reason we booked the UA EWR-BON tix yesterday, as soon as the crew list posted.
We've seen EWR-BON for less, over the years, but not in some time, and we decided not to risk fares jumping much higher, which we expect air fares to do when more folks start to really shop for 2024 flights.
Is it almost June yet? Are we there yet?
The last trip to Bonaire was June 2023. We searched for prices Feb 2023 and saw in the $800 and waited for a better price. We ended up paying $947 because AA never lowered them for a Wed flight. So this time we went with the $724+seat from EWR - BON. I guess we will see you in that flight :thumb: :D

Are people planning on leaving Friday and flying overnight and getting in on Saturday?
The Delta flights from Harrisburg to.Bonaire are perfect timing, and in June generally, there’s not a whole lot to worry about with cancellations. So I’ll be flying in Saturday and out Saturday. Were this a winter trip, I’d definitely fly in the night before.

Speaking of Delta, if any of you go to Starbucks semi-regularly, Delta and Starbucks have a promo going on until 9/12 where if you go to Starbucks twice within a week, you’ll get 1000 bonus SkyMiles. Just signed up for mine this morning! Details here:
Starbucks 2 | Delta Air Lines

A thousand free is always a good deal.

I went ahead and booked my flight. It was $1,000 but I'm flying all the way from Seattle so it is what it is. One stop for about 2 hours in Miami. There was one for $760 but it stopped twice and added about 6 hours. I don't like adding extra stops with gear in question. No thanks, I'll pay the extra $250 and get there 6 hours earlier.

Back
Top Bottom