Scubaboard members discount at Scubatoys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kabluton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sorry if this has been asked but if you purchase from Scubatoys and checkout via the web is there a promotion code to enter to get Scubaboard member discount or do you have to call them?

I beleive you have to call them. It's OK, they're in Texas.. nice guys down there :wink:

Do this:

Pull up the website, click on the camera icon.

Once you get the camera up, choose the "front counter"

When you get that pulled up, call the store and ask for Kip.

Once you see Kip get the phone, ask him if they have a MD Henderson wetsuit in stock.

Kip will say, "yes, we do."

Say, "Can you go and make sure - I don't want to drive all the way over there if you don't!"

Kip will say, "Sure, hold on..."

Kip will put his hand over the phone, sit there for a minute, then come on and say, "Yes..yes we do.

Then you say, "You didn't even check! I was watching you on the web cam!"

Kip will get very quiet for a few seconds, then say, "Hold on"

You will then see Kip get up and actually walk to the wetsuit rack, come back and say "happy now??"

This, kids, will help your day go faster on an extrememly boring work day!!

I suggest that every Scuba Board member tries it at least once.

:D

That's just wrong!!! But, really funny, I have talked with Kip and he seems like he needs some harrassement every now and then! :)

Just Call them for the discount. They are very helpful.

jonnythan:
It's OK, they're in Texas.. nice guys down there :wink:

The only purchase I've made with them so far was to order tickets over the phone, to the DUI Dog Days last fall- I couldn't believe how very pleasant this guy was about sending out tickets that probably didn't make him a dime! It will in the long run, however, as it will be a pleasure to give Scubatoys some business in the future.

Foo

ScottZeagle:
Do this:

Once you get the camera up, choose the "front counter"

When you get that pulled up, call the store and ask for Kip.

Once you see Kip get the phone, ask him if they have a MD Henderson wetsuit in stock.

Kip will say, "yes, we do."

Say, "Can you go and make sure - I don't want to drive all the way over there if you don't!"

Kip will say, "Sure, hold on..."

Kip will put his hand over the phone, sit there for a minute, then come on and say, "Yes..yes we do.

Then you say, "You didn't even check! I was watching you on the web cam!"

Kip will get very quiet for a few seconds, then say, "Hold on"

You will then see Kip get up and actually walk to the wetsuit rack, come back and say "happy now??"

:D
Sitting here having a lousy day at work, then I read this. Giggled my butt off.
Thanks, it was getting too big. :)

You simply have to call them and mention that you are a Scubaboard member. I just purchased two sets of regs from Larry, and it was a great online shopping experience!!

Alex

Correct me if I am wrong but you have to call AND talk to Larry. The last time I ordered Larry noticed something screwy about what I had posted here and contacted me about my order. He caught the price error and took care of it. Someone else took my order.

Good one Scott!! I guess I will have to get DSL or a cell phone to do this since I am still in the dial up world.

ScottZeagle:
<snip>

<snip>
I just love that camera, follow the client and or employees around the store. I even kept an eye on you Scott when you were there.

ScottZeagle:

I swear, there is something wrong with you Scott :D

You do have to call, to get your discount.

I did purchase, and dove a Zeagle Pressure gauge on a 24" hose today, and it didn't break.

But I am going to try it out on the boat this weekend so I'll see what kind of damage I can do to it then.

What's the warranty on these badboys Scott?

Back
Top Bottom