Scubaboard Surge 2017 Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the ScubaBoard SURGE 2017 Crew everyone!
Remember if you need anything or have questions,
that's what cardzard and myself are here for.
Please don't hesitate to ask.

Oh you just may regret this post. I have a million questions but I'm sure they will come up naturally in the next 9 months. But my 1st question is what have you seen "firsters" bring that they did not need. I don't want to be packing a lot of stuff that I just won't need or use. I see the posts about what to bring,but am more interested in what not to bring. I've in the past prided my self in being able to travel for several weeks with just 1 carry on. Scuba has changed that for me :dramaqueen:

... I don't want to be packing a lot of stuff that I just won't need or use. I see the posts about what to bring,but am more interested in what not to bring..

I can tell you that the resort has a coin operated washer and dryer for guest use, so if you pack light you will be able to do laundry. You may want to bring a couple of small packets of laundry soap.

Has anyone ever used Insure and Go travel insurance?

They are less expensive than CSA (DAN) and have about the same coverage, except they have removed the Terrorism exclusion. Any feedback would be welcome.

Great question!
Oh you just may regret this post. I have a million questions but I'm sure they will come up naturally in the next 9 months. But my 1st question is what have you seen "firsters" bring that they did not need. I don't want to be packing a lot of stuff that I just won't need or use. I see the posts about what to bring,but am more interested in what not to bring. I've in the past prided my self in being able to travel for several weeks with just 1 carry on. Scuba has changed that for me :dramaqueen:

The Curacao Surge was our first ScubaBoard trip. It was a blast! You'll have a great time, and it's so fun to meet people who you get to know on SB. OK...as far a what not to bring:
  • No "dress up" clothes. Everyone worn very casual attire after diving. Sundresses, shorts, tank tops, t-shirts...beach stuff. Since you're in your dive gear half of the day, pack half of what you'd normally wear on a summer vacation where diving isn't included.
  • Find out if the resort has a hair dryer in the room. If they do, no need to pack one.
  • Do you have long hair? Mine is shoulder length and curling it with my curling brush was a waste of time because of the humidity, wind, sea air, etc. The curling brush might get left at home this time.
  • Don't bring a variety of shoes/sandals. A pair of running shoes and one pair of sandals is about all you need. OK, maybe a little nicer pair of sandals to wear with a sundress.
  • Leave most of your make-up at home. Because you're in the water over half of the trip, you don't need a bunch of stuff. I occasionally put on eyeliner and mascara when we went to dinner....but not every night. Nobody cared.
  • Don't bring a beach towel if the resort already provides them. I'm sure Roxanne will let us know :) if they do.
I'm sure others will chime in on your topic. This is a wonderful trip that will gain you new friends and great memories. I'm glad you're going!

Islanddream you are spot on. For Firsters, think beach bum. :) Be comfortable, relax, no one is going to be concerned about how you dress. That is one of the reasons that dive vacations are so fun. From a guy perspective, if I'm not diving, I will be lounging by the pool/bar in swim trunks. A pair of shorts, a shirt, and sandals will get me through dinner, therefore the limited use will allow for shorts to be worn more than once. :wink:

I have a question:
Our flight arrives on Brac around 1:00 pm on Saturday. Will we be able to eat lunch once on site or will we have to wait till dinner ( the answer will dictate if we need to pack a lunch).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom