ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2020 Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phew. I just confirmed with DAN that is the travel insurance, not the diver accident insurance. That is still relatively cheap.

Anyone else got some really ugly flights? I got a 5 hour layover in Calgary, then two more hours in Toronto. Probably just us up here in the great white north. Be nice to have a direct flight there, but I'm not moving to Toronto just to get better flights. We have a direct flight to Cancun once a week and that works just fine for me.

Side note.....would SB ever consider an invasion to Iceland? Nobody local has ever really heard of Silfra and my wife said "hell no" when I asked if she'd come along....apparently she thinks Iceland is the north pole.

Anyone else got some really ugly flights? I got a 5 hour layover in Calgary, then two more hours in Toronto. Probably just us up here in the great white north. Be nice to have a direct flight there, but I'm not moving to Toronto just to get better flights. We have a direct flight to Cancun once a week and that works just fine for me.

Side note.....would SB ever consider an invasion to Iceland? Nobody local has ever really heard of Silfra and my wife said "hell no" when I asked if she'd come along....apparently she thinks Iceland is the north pole.

I actually spoke to someone recently who had just come back from Silfra and told me that it is nothing like in the photos. The guides basically line the divers up nose to fins and you go through like a kindergarten class on a field trip. Can anyone belay or confirm this cause I really want to do it but not if I have to share.

I actually spoke to someone recently who had just come back from Silfra and told me that it is nothing like in the photos. The guides basically line the divers up nose to fins and you go through like a kindergarten class on a field trip. Can anyone belay or confirm this cause I really want to do it but not if I have to share.
I've heard it can get like that during the tourist season. I was planning on off-season. Might be a bit chilly but they'll still take you there and there won't be as much competition.

I've heard it can get like that during the tourist season. I was planning on off-season. Might be a bit chilly but they'll still take you there and there won't be as much competition.

I imagine winter is the off season, correct? If that's the case I could piggy back with a trip to see the northern lights for my wife. Always scheming..... Always plotting.

Back
Top Bottom