ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2024 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVE TEAMS HAVE BEEN POSTED

Need some gear advice. I've got everything I need for my first BP/W setup. I haven't taken it out yet but I'll be taking it to the pool for a couple hours along with my other gear before this trip to check things out. My question is this, am I giving myself too much of a learning curve taking the BP/W on this trip, or will I probably adapt to it quick enough? If it matters, I've already dove the wing but with a soft pack vice a BP. So basically, I'm just swapping the soft pack for a BP.

Need some gear advice. I've got everything I need for my first BP/W setup. I haven't taken it out yet but I'll be taking it to the pool for a couple hours along with my other gear before this trip to check things out. My question is this, am I giving myself too much of a learning curve taking the BP/W on this trip, or will I probably adapt to it quick enough? If it matters, I've already dove the wing but with a soft pack vice a BP. So basically, I'm just swapping the soft pack for a BP.
Even if you bring it as it is and assemble it here you'd probably be fine. There are great divers who can help you assemble it. I had years of experience when I started using a BP/W and I was fairly certain I could get it setup well enough but I got some help. Once I got it set up I never looked back. I bought a DiveRite backplate pad and I made adjustments a few days after I first assembled it that's all. A couple of years ago I tried my old BC just to see if it worked before selling it and reaffirmed that my BP/W is the last BC I will ever need.

No big difference, I have used both. Personally like soft. Plus a little lighter for travel. But to each there own.

Anyone know what the power standards are for this resort? Do we need any kind of electrical outlet converter?

Anyone know what the power standards are for this resort? Do we need any kind of electrical outlet converter?
the most common outlets in the Philippines:
6FF08934-07F0-4329-B3F0-4DBDCE2F3D2D.png

Universal-Outlets-side-300x243.png

I posted the info for your question here in the packing and travel thread for our trip.
Post #4
I think you would find it helpful to read through the 1st 8 posts of the thread as many of the questions for our trip are answered there. I tried to be through, but if you still need more info, then post in that Packing, Travel, Diving thread so we can keep all the info handy for the Crew.

I posted the info for your question here in the packing and travel thread for our trip.
Post #4
I think you would find it helpful to read through the 1st 8 posts of the thread as many of the questions for our trip are answered there. I tried to be through, but if you still need more info, then post in that Packing, Travel, Diving thread so we can keep all the info handy for the Crew.
Thanks for setting me straight.

Back
Top Bottom