ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2024 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry if already covered but is there a way of doing customs pre-work for entering and leaving the Philippines?

I have a question for the ladies attending this trip.

Aside from your gear, how much clothing are you bringing? I'm trying to help my wife not over pack without sounding like I'm telling her what to bring. Any suggestions? Will there be any "formal" dinners or events/outings?
Just depends how formal they want to get for happy hour!!!

Sorry if already covered but is there a way of doing customs pre-work for entering and leaving the Philippines?
Nothing that we are aware of. When traveling overseas anywhere, packing your patience is rule #1 shortcuts rarely exist.

Dress at both resorts are informal and comfortable wear. You just want to make sure you have good shoes such as sneakers and leggings or light weight pants if your planning on inland excursions and at least a lightweight jacket or sweater if you get chilled. Please share the packing, travel thread with her for all this info and post there if she has any further questions.
We've been temporarily living overseas (Kingdom of Bahrain) for the last 9 years. Similar climate, less rain more heat.

I wasn't so much asking the type, but the quantity of what she should bring.

We've been temporarily living overseas (Kingdom of Bahrain) for the last 9 years. Similar climate, less rain more heat.

I wasn't so much asking the type, but the quantity of what she should bring.
It depends on if you can wear outer items more than once. That's personal. There is also laundry service at both resorts.

One neglected item are the hoses on your regulators and BCD inflator. I have had 2 hose failures last year. Cheap insurance to replace ahead of time. Dive Gear Express recommends replacing every 5 yrs or 500 dives.
I just had this happen in Turks. Totally recommend!

I have an odd request.

There are a few items I'm looking for that I thought I would be able to find locally and now would need to purchase online. They are some small GOPRO camera accessories.

I have a military FPO address that will take 3 weeks to a couple months to get things shipped out here. Is there anyone in this group I can ship a couple things to and have you bring them with you?

Thanks

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom