ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2024 Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another baggage question... normally, airlines insist you don't have battery related stuff like dive computers, torches, transmitters etc on check bags, but I'm seeing in the threads that for mid trip transfers they want scuba related equipment in the checked bags. Does that mean they don't care about the batteries in the checked bags?

Any rechargeable batteries, items containing rechargeable batteries, and standard batteries must be in your carry-on. Lock any rechargeable batteries if possible and place all other batteries in containers or individual baggies so they are secure and not loose. I also recommend not placing them all in one place. As Photographers with many batteries, it's better to make it seem like you don't have as many batteries as you actually do. :wink: I hope that makes sense. Anything fragile or camera equipment goes in your carry-on as well. That's also why I suggest those extra pockets in your clothing if needed.

I just posted this to a similar question in the packing thread.

Just remember your regulator must go in checked bags, NOT in your carry-on.

Please post any other questions in the packing thread so I don't need to put info in different threads. Thank you!

Anyone else flying in on Friday morning from Vancouver on Philippines Air and want to coordinate transportation to the hotel?

I just posted this to a similar question in the packing thread.

Just remember your regulator must go in checked bags, NOT in your carry-on.

Please post any other questions in the packing thread so I don't need to put info in different threads. Thank you!
I have always carried my regulator on. Never went in checked bag. Why do you say this?

I have always carried my regulator on. Never went in checked bag. Why do you say this?
Seems the intra Philippines air travel wants any scuba gear, except stuff with batteries, gets checked in.

Seems the intra Philippines air travel wants any scuba gear, except stuff with batteries, gets checked in.
Last time even then I carried my regulatores in backpack. That has always been SOP for me all my travels. Raj Ampat, Komodo, Palau, Truq Lagoon. To me most important part of my gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom