Scubajet Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SilentScreamer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, as I managed to save some money and wanted to buy a cool gadget, I pulled the trigger on the Scubajet Pro (two batteies).

20220916_104050.jpg
20220918_194554.jpg

I went again solo this early morning in order to get a long and proper test of this thing and I was really impressed. Not only it easily lasted for the 1h+ dive I made, I was able to have some bursts at full power a couple times and still had batteries at the end of the dive.

This little thing pull shard despite its small size. IT is negatively buoyant so a little more air in the BC was necessary. I wouldn't take it for every dive but today I wanted to try and cover a long distance and after 30 mins ad a long loop around a concrete structure I had used very little air.

This is definitely NOT a cheap option and to enjoy this you'll have to break the bank to get one but in my case I consider it well spent as this thing is a ton of fun.

These look interesting and small enough to clip off and swim if it did die, would love to hear more about run time, recharge time etc.

These look interesting and small enough to clip off and swim if it did die, would love to hear more about run time, recharge time etc.

Run time depends on the number of batteries installed and the speed setup you're using. With the standard double battery pack, at 30%, which is already faster than a good kicking, you can go up to 75 min. If you play a lot with full power that number will quickly go down though. But honestly , full power is kinda too fast anyway..
Recharging takes about 4 hours I think. Other batteries can be ordered and with 4 of them you have lots of run time but I think the scooter would become too nose heavy.

Run time depends on the number of batteries installed and the speed setup you're using. With the standard double battery pack, at 30%, which is already faster than a good kicking, you can go up to 75 min. If you play a lot with full power that number will quickly go down though. But honestly , full power is kinda too fast anyway..
Recharging takes about 4 hours I think. Other batteries can be ordered and with 4 of them you have lots of run time but I think the scooter would become too nose heavy.
75 minutes isn’t a long time but I think if it’s only used for traversing distance it could be useful. Thanks for the info and looking forward to updates.

75 minutes isn’t a long time but I think if it’s only used for traversing distance it could be useful. Thanks for the info and looking forward to updates.
It's with two small batteries only. If you are happy to cruise at 25% you can definitely push that to over 90 minutes. This scooter is very high end recreational. It won't replace these big professional or military products but it's definitely much better and reliable than these seadoo cheap toys to my opinion.

Now, honestly for the price it's a bit steep but Lefeet offers something a tad less expensive but with much less power. The Scuba pro is about 1kg negative buoyant and they told me they are working on a neutralizer. However it's not likely to be done soon. I am also thinking of fabricating some sort of attachment for that purpose. The built in rail is quite useful and I think they going to release some compatible accessories in the future.

I just started using this thing so I'm also on a learning curve, although it is not rocket science, even though it looks like on (forgive the crappy pun). I'll keep you guys posted on my adventures with this Scubajet scooter.

I am looking at getting the 4 battery version. I need it for swimming from shore to get to dive spots and back, about 2 - 3 km round trip.

Just got the 4 battery version. Something I didn’t know about the 4 battery setup is they ship you a longer center tube so your scooter physically becomes longer to accommodate the 2 extra batteries. The images they show on promotion all appear to be 2 battery configurations.

yes. scubajet is the best. the size and the weight is unbeatable.

I got suex and I barely bring it out on the trip. it is just not easy to use or carry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom