ScubaLife Cozumel, amazing new dive operators in Cozumel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O man

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After 6 dive trips to Cozumel in the past 3 1/2 years and 120+ dives there, I cannot say I am an expert on the place; but I know a great dive operator after diving with one! Juan Pablo, Carlos and Marcelo operate Scubalife-Cozumel as they started up this past summer. They are truly the best operator any of our group has ever dove with! They are on time, have a beautiful, fast, and comfortable boat. It is set up very well, easy on and off, as you can either back roll or giant stride off the back. They have satellite radio w/ great speakers or plug in your own tunes, dry decking, & great bimini with lots of overhead storage and shade. Fresh towel for each diver provided for you each day, ever had that on a dive boat before? Great dive snacks and drinks too.

JP and Carlos really know the best dive spots and let you dive your profile and bottom time. Marcelo, is an amazing boat captain who is super friendly, very helpful, and being right there when you surface and finding your drop in spot each and every time!

With 168 dive operators in Cozumel it is hard to know who to go with, but I guarantee you will not be disappointed if you book a trip with www.scubalifecozumel.com.

How many other dive op.s have you dove with on Cozumel?

Given the number of strongly reputable dive op.s already in place there, what led you to book with a new startup?

What are the largest size tanks they offer?

What hotel did you use, and how close was it to the op.? Or did they pick you up at a pier somewhere?

Richard.

I would not go off the back between those two engines. Coordinated people may do well. From the map, they are located at the new marina by the Caleta.

I've dove with 5 different operators and have seen a lot more at surface intervals. We knew and dove with JP, one of the owners, when he was at the Blue Angel and he is an amazing instructor/DM! I am sure there are some other very good operators down there, law of averages would certainly apply with the vast # of dive operations. The boat is well set up, fast and rides very comfortably. They are based out of the new Caleta but their building is not completed yet. They picked us up at the Residencia Reef off of Secrets Dock. They will go to most any dock except the Blue Angel as they don't allow any outside operators to come in to their dock. I used 80's and 100cf Nitrox 32 and 36% and straight air. Got lots of weights, fresh towels, great tunes and excellent snacks and drinks. Super nice guys with a true love of "their office"! What a place to work eh?!! Some DM's I have been with seem bored and not engaging at all. Not the case here by any means!

---------- Post added October 7th, 2015 at 08:21 PM ----------

Ron, the transom board lifts out so it is almost a straight shot from the floor of the boat thru the transom and plenty of room between the (2)150hp outboards. They took their time setting up this boat and take great pride in keeping it up. Yes, they are at the new Caleta as their shop building is framed and supposed to be done in a few months.

Last edited:
Deleted; O man addressed some of my questions before I got my post posted.

Richard.

---------- Post added October 7th, 2015 at 11:08 PM ----------

I suggest they get their website up & running pronto; for competitors, I can get online, see prices & package deals, local accommodations & area attractions, etc...

Theirs it seems like I get one page telling me they have the 'best' scuba diving experience in Cozumel, and someone claims:

"After years of experience working in the dive industry, diving the reef every day, listening to customers and observing what the local dive industry was lacking, we decided to establish a new way of experiencing scuba diving in Cozumel. At Scuba Life Cozumel we put the highest value in every customer and take no short cuts in ensuring the best experience possible"

As much praise as has rained down on Aldora, Living Underwater, BlueXTSea, Dive with Martin & Scuba with Allison on this forum alone, I'm curious as to what the local dive industry was lacking. If I started a thread posing such a question, I suspect I'd get flamed, thought a troll, etc...

I'm glad they take pride in their business & aim for excellence, but that's some pretty bold talk. The best scuba diving experience in Cozumel? Wow.

Richard.

I'm trying a new op because of their support of this site in early November. I love Blue Magic, but the lure of steel 120's is just too strong. It seems to me that the biggest differences in the operators are:1. Where do they leave from2. where do they spend their surface interval3. Size of boat/# of divers4. Do they go out in any weather/ East side of the island5. Tank size and dive profile (time vs personal air left)6 Cost....but all are very close that I have found7. Packages for hotel +diveHopefully their website will address these issues and if they can be price competitive, I'm sure they will grow. I'd be curious to know what the profit margins are on a dive op, but I'm sure they are tight with all the competition. I'll keep an eye out for them for next years trips.Jay

Dr Rich,
Yes, Aldora gets great reviews and I will definitely dive with them on a trip down there. They seem to really know the island's best dive sites and those off the beaten path too. I like JP's and Carlo's energy, knowledge and youthful passion. They are working on their website as I took a bunch of pictures for them last month as they realize it is not user friendly. Marcelo, their Captain worked for Aldora for 15 years and they all speak very highly of that operation.

I see Scuba-Life as going the extra mile to really provide a unique experience for their clients and I like that. Sitting at the various docks on surface intervals I have seen some really poor operations, like boats that are falling apart, no shade bimini's, and unprofessional DMs. I am surprised more people don't research more before paying their money. Thanks for your input as I will pass it on to the guys as we will dive with them again next trip in November. I think once their new website is finished and they move into their new storefront space at the new Caleta, they will be really firing on all cylinders.
Great constructive suggestions, thanks again. Eric O

Back
Top Bottom